Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thermal electric cooler kit intrest?

I'll take two if they are available

Parts are in hand...I will try and build one up sometime soon as time allows and have test results to provide. Lots of projects to work with and not much time away from work. I should have 15 kits available....checking on the possibility of more to come later....providing they will give me a better deal on the peltiers.....come in at a couple of $'s more than stated to me, but still better than the normal price of $23 each ! Should have them done and ready in a few days now.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

put me down for one if there is 1 left

ill take 2 let me know

Default They are here......

OK I have completed my testing on these devices for the kit and really like the outcome. My setup turns on the coolness at 24deg C. I have looked at the R setting of around 15K ohms for my use. This employs the 10K trimmer pot and one resistor [ 5 K ] in line with it to establish the “turn on” point I wanted on the gate. These can handle most single diode applications provided some planning is done on the outset of your project. A bit about FET’s....most failures happen as the drain and gate are shorted internally....thus becoming flame emitting transistors if enough current is available. The thermistor helps to control how much power is seen by the gate. The amount of increasing resistance to establish your specific gate point will have to be determined by you and additional resistors are not supplied. However the trimmer with the kit set to highest resistance will turn the device on at near 28 deg C. The supplied sink should handle most applications for single diode lasers. Don’t power it up with out it mounted ! This will result in thermal runaway. ESD precautions need to be exercised when handling this type of component as well. Just remember that the heat sink will be energized with the input positive voltage unless it is isolated. The drain is common with the device’s tab. The kit consists of the following new components as seen in the pix. Marlow Industries peltier chip{similar spec as SP1848-03AC} hot side gold plated , Wakefield T0-220 Max heat sink ano’d black , 1” x 1” prototype PCB through hole solder holes tinned , your choice of 10K ohm trimmer pot - Spectrol fine adjust or Bourns single turn, one IRF540 MOSFET , and a 10K NTC thermistor. I have 15 kits complete [$35] as described and 10 kits without the peltier [$15]. These are shipped CONUS via USPS Priority mail included. Set up the circuit as per Weartronics’ post and you will be set to cool. I had dodgy results feeding it with a switching PSU. Seems a wallwart worked best for my needs regulated to 5 vdc. So adding a couple of leads made from your wire stash and a few minutes with a soldering iron you will be set to keep cool. If your laser is not a sealed unit I would encourage sealing the edges of the peltier with silicone gasket sealant prior to use...let it set overnight. PM me if you are wanting to pick ONE up per member. I want at least 15 people to use these complete kits.....may be able to get more parts sometime soon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0022.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	23133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0021.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	23134 Admin gets 10% of all sales to help cover my sorry can for burdening you guys.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Thanks for arranging this!
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 01-22-2011 at 08:18. Reason: Didn't read the entire post

Default Keeping cool...

I tested one I built last week and it is capable of dropping way below the limit of my temp LCD range...somewhere below -15 deg C. with ambient temps at 27 deg C. Turns out to be a neat little unit for chilling the 808nm diode for a 200mw 532nm laser. Held steady at 24 deg C. in CW mode...could not see enough imbalance when modulated to make any mention...will test in a scanning environment soon.

Default Bump......

7 complete kits left.......5 without peltier......

Those that have ordered....they will be posted to you 1/25/11
    Last edited by MechEng3; 01-24-2011 at 16:29.

I am still interested, but i live in The Netherlands.
    Can't we work something out ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Shipping outside the US is around $15 last time I checked for a small parcel. I may be able to fit 4 or 5 complete kits into that small box if you want to arrange a group in your area to save costs and you send them to others from your location. Let me know...http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm
    Small flat rate box