Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new toy.... (small whitelight!!)

So according to your pinout I would need to jump pins 9 and 10 together, or am I reading that wrong?

You could, but this wouldn't acheive anything. Basically, on the 2 Reliant 1000M's that I worked on, I built a little remote that utilized the 110VAC lines and ran it to a small transformer which fed a small 12V linear supply. I used the +12V on pin 10 and common on pin 9. Probably would need to have djmatt chime in as I think he has one of the little remotes I built just to be sure. Also, you really should open it up and verify that it's the same wiring, it's possible that they used a different scheme on the white-lights. I doubt it though.

edit: Wish I had a better pic of how I wired into it, will look to see if I can dig up some more pics...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01350.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	27218

Name:	DSC01349.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	27219
    Last edited by DZ; 09-08-2011 at 09:31.

You're right, it is hard to see what's going on there!

I'm assuming the big red button is what tells the laser to *go* (or is it just a light?). Which pins is that one going to? In the future I plan to build a nice remote, but for now I just want to figure out the bare-bones to get it to fire, assuming everything else is in working order.
    Last edited by GooeyGus; 09-08-2011 at 09:49.

Good news!!!

The tube is gas intact. I haven't had a chance to hook her up to power yet, but I popped the cover off and very gently tested for gas. One tiny hit with the bd-10a produced a nice pale white glow.

Hopefully I will get the interlocks figured out and have some pictures of white beams very soon.

Did you ever get this guy running?
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Wow, I was just thinking today earlier about how nice it would be to have a small whitelight ion laser to play with. And bang- up pops this post . I'm guessing a ~1 watt would be impossible for this size/ weight .. ? And yeh ^ did you get it to fire? :]

Sorry to bring back a 6 year old thread, but I'm determined to finally get this thing started up now. It has been sitting, so who knows if it's even good anymore. Does anyone have the remote pinout info for the minimum required to get this thing running? I think I see pin 9 to 14, and then pin 10 to 15, as a minimum for startup. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed my hopes, this is a 300wc. See pic. However, using the pinout I mentioned above, no cathode glow or fan spin. Switch lights up, fuses are good.

Name:	UtdNrE3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	52363

Still can't get her to fire. Neither of the LEDs on the board are on. Measured about 80VDC across the tube, 280vdc across the big resistor after the main capacitor bank. Nothing to the fan, nothing to the cathode.

I did find a blown fuse common to the board inside the head, 250v 3A, i believe this board runs the 12v stuff, so I suspect that has something to do with the issue.

Did you get my message on youtube regarding the pin connections?
    Will there be three phase!!!!