Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new toy.... (small whitelight!!)

Default I bought a small whitelight!! (need interlock info)

Hey guys...

I was surfing ebay and somehow stumbled upon a small whitelight laser that was listed with keywords that made it very difficult to find. I put in a max bid of $202, fully expecting to NOT win, and I checked my ebay this morning and it turns out I have another item to pay for (bid reached exactly $202... go figure).

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will be able to get this beast up and running. If it truely is just the starter board, I'm sure I can use my BD-10A to coax it into firing up.

But I'm looking for any information that you guys might have on this laser. I dont see a brand name or anything, but it looks like one of those laserphysics units. Supposedly it has a new tube, so I have high hopes for this unit. Although, it IS an ebay laser so my hopes aren't TOO high. If anything I'll just hook the tube up directly to a known-good power supply (but I would really rather not have to do that).

Anyway, check it out, and post anything you may know about this lil guy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130564631416
    Last edited by GooeyGus; 09-08-2011 at 07:38.

Oh jeeez! If you got a laser physics wl for 202 bux, I'm envious !
    I've worked with them before and they are great units
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Oh jeeez! If you got a laser physics wl for 202 bux, I'm envious !
    I've worked with them before and they are great units.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Do you happen to have any pinout data that I will need? I see the little serial connector on the head, and I'm guessing I'm going to need to rig something up to get the thing to fire.

any info at all would be awesome

Long time no talk... what ever happened to those lasers you were gonna fix for me?

that is nice and awesome price.

Let us know how this turns out.

My findings are at http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-Reliant-300WC

If you do some digging there was also a thread about someone who had a similar (I believe argon only) laser who needed to do a good amount of repair work to get it to fire up.

good luck getting her running!

It should be the same as mine, If you still need it, Ill find it.
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Well, I got the laser yesterday. It wasn't packaged very well but luckily everything appears to be in order from what I can tell so far. I haven't checked for vacuum because I wasn't sure if it's safe to hit the tube with my BD-10A since the power supply is all integrated into one unit. I probably wont get a chance to really play with it until this weekend.

One thing I dont know, is which pins I need to jump together to satisfy any interlocks the laser head may have. Theres the power control pot, the hour meter, the on/off switch and the controller interface connector on the front panel. There's no wires or anything jumped together on the controller interface, and if this laser is anything like other small ion lasers I've used, it will need something connected. Any information you guys may have to help me get this thing running would be awesome. Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that about two years ago I bought an argon-only laserphysics unit with a power supply that needed work, but supposedly the tube was good. Well, the tube was gas in-tact but no lasing so I scrapped it. I now have almost a complete set of spare parts for the power supply, because luckily I kept the rest of it. I'm sure these use some different parts in the PSU, but hopefully if there is something broken in the whitelight I'll be able to borrow some parts from the Ar psu.

I can't say for sure that the pinouts are identical, but here is the pinout for a Reliant 1000M: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...=reliant+1000m