Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIKE button

Default LIKE button

Is there a way to put a 'like' button similar to Facebook on the bottom bar of posts?

Just askin'

Yea, theres a package out there that can handle per post based "thanks" - I didn't install it back in the day because I had seen similar systems gamed on big-boards.

I'll give it another look in about an hour and see if there are any potential issues with vbulletin4.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Mixedgas dislikes this.

We have a such a nice culture here, why do we need it?

Steve

Reasons for it:

I agree - 15 characters.

Reasons against it:

My post count is inadequate, I also agree but don't need to add 15 characters.

---

I'm sure there are numerous other reasons for/against this but the simple examples I mentioned above were the first things to pop up.

It wouldn't be called "like" - It would be called "thanks" - Basically someone clicks a button on the post and their "Thanks-ism" fuel tanks get another hit.

I for one don't believe that this does anything *directly* to help the SNR here, it just moves the noise into a more condensed box.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

can we exchanges "likes" for "lattes" once we collect enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Reasons for it:

I agree - 15 characters.

Reasons against it:

My post count is inadequate, I also agree but don't need to add 15 characters.

---

I'm sure there are numerous other reasons for/against this but the simple examples I mentioned above were the first things to pop up.

It wouldn't be called "like" - It would be called "thanks" - Basically someone clicks a button on the post and their "Thanks-ism" fuel tanks get another hit.

I for one don't believe that this does anything *directly* to help the SNR here, it just moves the noise into a more condensed box.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:04.

I like this thread.

There's already the option to "rate this thread"... It doesn't get used a lot...

------ deleted double post ---------

I agree with Laserwizardry +1 But having discussed this earlier this afternoon I will stick with my original thoughts. A button that inserts "I agree - 15 characters." into the quick reply text box. For those with interest could pull all the data from PL and do a grouping of posts with "I agree - 15 characters." easy as pie! Cake on the other hand is a pain in the ass, well at least hand whipping butter cream frosting.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.