Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

That bug should have been fixed I think? Haven't tested it but I remember there being something about it in a changelog.

Borgqueenx: in what font is the small d bugged? It could be the "d.pic" file somehow disappeared. See if it works with another font.
    If you want to have smooth colour transitions, place a Rend2Frame event under the Runtext, select a location in the catalog, then place an Animation event with begin and end picture as the location you chose in Rend2Frame, then place a RGBI event under it. You can set everything to Expression and use the expression window for all transitions you want.
    I don't think there is a way to fade between palette colours. Maybe there is one, but I'm not tempted to find out since I'm not a fan of palettes :P

im going to try that. in the mean time another question. i have a circle rotating. simple, because of the Z effect rotation event. the circle rotates in the middle of the scanning zone. But here comes the part i cant figure out. How can i rotate the rotating circle around the scanning zone?
    here is a picture to show what i have, and want:
    http://d.pr/i/B14I

its easy to do it if i turn off rotation of the circle. the point is, it needs to rotate.

and yes, i do LOVE this effect the most on laser projectors <3

EDIT: i cant check for a update for lsx anyway...usual update link doesnt work anymore.
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 11-13-2013 at 12:14.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

CMB, are you planning on doing any more video tutorials? I would really appreciate one on using rend2frame and how to find the beginning and end frame of a rend as I've had a play about and so far haven't had any success. I should really re-watch your whole series now I actually have LSX :P

Keith

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

there's no beginning/end for rend2frame. it always uses the same catalog #.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    CMB, are you planning on doing any more video tutorials? I would really appreciate one on using rend2frame and how to find the beginning and end frame of a rend as I've had a play about and so far haven't had any success. I should really re-watch your whole series now I actually have LSX :P

Keith
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    im going to try that. in the mean time another question. i have a circle rotating. simple, because of the Z effect rotation event. the circle rotates in the middle of the scanning zone. But here comes the part i cant figure out. How can i rotate the rotating circle around the scanning zone?
    here is a picture to show what i have, and want:
    http://d.pr/i/B14I

its easy to do it if i turn off rotation of the circle. the point is, it needs to rotate.

and yes, i do LOVE this effect the most on laser projectors <3

EDIT: i cant check for a update for lsx anyway...usual update link doesnt work anymore.
    Oooh, I might actually be able to help with this

Create a ShiftX and a ShiftY
    Set both to sine wave and set number of repeats as required
    Set the phase of one of the above Shifts to .12 [edit] .125 looks more like the correct phase shift [/edit]
    Set the distance as required using the upper limits on ShiftX and ShiftY

Someone will probably have a better way of doing it but this is how I did it earlier.

Keith
    Last edited by Galvonaut; 11-13-2013 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    there's no beginning/end for rend2frame. it always uses the same catalog #.
    Hrmm, ok. .... I don't understand though! I think I need more playing time with rend2frame.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Oooh, I might actually be able to help with this

Create a ShiftX and a ShiftY
    Set both to sine wave and set number of repeats as required
    Set the phase of one of the above Shifts to .12 [edit] .125 looks more like the correct phase shift [/edit]
    Set the distance as required using the upper limits on ShiftX and ShiftY

Someone will probably have a better way of doing it but this is how I did it earlier.

Keith
    Worked perfectly thanks!
    Even though i dont know alot about lsx my show is being epic!
    Im sure you guys are going to love it. Its also a contribution to the old days.(its made on a remix of a song from jazz jack rabbit 2)
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Worked perfectly thanks!
    Even though i dont know alot about lsx my show is being epic!
    Im sure you guys are going to love it. Its also a contribution to the old days.(its made on a remix of a song from jazz jack rabbit 2)
    Glad I could help.

LSX is crazy isn't it! I've only been playing with it a little while and what I'm creating is completely different to anything else I've seen. I've not touched any of the pre-made cues yet, just creating either from random pic files within catalogues or creating pic files myself. It's so easy to imagine an effect and create exactly what you want.
    Today I created a sheet in 2 halves which start off as a single sheet, rotate twice, almost hinging, then as they meet again after their 2 rotations vibrate up and down, again hinged, 6 times in fast succession, as if they are reverberating to a stop.

I like software where if you can imagine it, you can create it

Swami kindly talked me through rend2frame tonight - oh-boy it's cool! I'll be using that a lot, so thank you Swamidog

Looking forward to seeing your show borgqueenx. I'll post mine once it's done and I'm happy with it. I might film this one in a warehouse :P

Keith

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Just for reference, here's what swami said about rend2frame.

[23:10] swamidog make an event..
    [23:11] swamidog then place a rend2frame event under it
    [23:11] swamidog and stretch the rend2frame so it's the same length as the event
    [23:11] swamidog double click the rend2frame event and it should open up a cat file browser
    [23:12] swamidog scroll to an empty slot in the cat file and select it
    [23:12] swamidog then take note of the slot number
    [23:12] Galvonaut ok
    [23:12] swamidog underneath the rend2frame, open a new animation event
    [23:13] swamidog select the slot number that you used for rend2frame
    [23:13] swamidog that's it
    [23:13] swamidog here's what happens:
    [23:14] swamidog when you use a rend2frame event, everything above it gets compressed and put into a single cat slot
    [23:14] swamidog like using the "flatten layers" command in photoshop
    [23:14] Galvonaut ok
    [23:15] swamidog creating another animation event and selecting the slot # you used will show the resulting "layer"
    [23:15] Arwyen You know swamidog, selecting the slot is much like making love to a beautiful woman
    [23:15] Arwyen You've got to trick the burden
    [23:15] Arwyen last the place
    [23:15] Arwyen and finally refuse the companies.
    [23:15] swamidog the fun thing is, this is all dynamic
    [23:15] swamidog so if your animations have motion or other effects the data in the cat slot will update in real time
    [23:16] swamidog so you could do a run text (text scrolly) stuff it into a slot with rend2frame than do some global color/motion effects on it
    [23:16] Galvonaut so can I use the resulting animation into a morph event?
    [23:17] swamidog probably

Arwyen nonsense left intact for the ones who can enjoy it.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

do i really sound that weird when i type?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Just for reference, here's what swami said about rend2frame.

[23:10] swamidog make an event..
    [23:11] swamidog then place a rend2frame event under it
    [23:11] swamidog and stretch the rend2frame so it's the same length as the event
    [23:11] swamidog double click the rend2frame event and it should open up a cat file browser
    [23:12] swamidog scroll to an empty slot in the cat file and select it
    [23:12] swamidog then take note of the slot number
    [23:12] Galvonaut ok
    [23:12] swamidog underneath the rend2frame, open a new animation event
    [23:13] swamidog select the slot number that you used for rend2frame
    [23:13] swamidog that's it
    [23:13] swamidog here's what happens:
    [23:14] swamidog when you use a rend2frame event, everything above it gets compressed and put into a single cat slot
    [23:14] swamidog like using the "flatten layers" command in photoshop
    [23:14] Galvonaut ok
    [23:15] swamidog creating another animation event and selecting the slot # you used will show the resulting "layer"
    [23:15] Arwyen You know swamidog, selecting the slot is much like making love to a beautiful woman
    [23:15] Arwyen You've got to trick the burden
    [23:15] Arwyen last the place
    [23:15] Arwyen and finally refuse the companies.
    [23:15] swamidog the fun thing is, this is all dynamic
    [23:15] swamidog so if your animations have motion or other effects the data in the cat slot will update in real time
    [23:16] swamidog so you could do a run text (text scrolly) stuff it into a slot with rend2frame than do some global color/motion effects on it
    [23:16] Galvonaut so can I use the resulting animation into a morph event?
    [23:17] swamidog probably

Arwyen nonsense left intact for the ones who can enjoy it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.