Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Yup, you can do tri(a) or tri2(a,b)

SaltyRobot: looks like some of your colour channels go below 0. It might be what you intended though...

Most likely what you are seeing is a Chi brick laser that doesn't have true color modulation. LOL I'm working on fixing that but its hard to work outside in my shop when its -15C outside.

I will check out that function tonight. Looks like I may be trying to reinvent the wheel when I don't need too.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Yup, you can do tri(a) or tri2(a,b)

SaltyRobot: looks like some of your colour channels go below 0. It might be what you intended though...

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I will check out that function tonight. Looks like I may be trying to reinvent the wheel when I don't need too.
    There's nothing wrong with reinventing the wheel from time to time, Salty. You still learn a lot and who knows, you may wind up with improvements to that old wheel.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

btw... how do you get access to this infamous "living manual"? I have sent drlava a PM, but have not received a response yet...

Is it possible to clone an animation/object where the clones appear staggered in time?

Like, lets say I have a loop with an animation (which is just a single object) - and I clone it using the standard "Duplicate Count" input in the SFX Loop dialog. I am trying to figure out how to make the clones appear staggered in time - either evenly spread out though the duration of the loop or even using some expression to control the exact frequency with which they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post

Is it possible to clone an animation/object where the clones appear staggered in time?

Like, lets say I have a loop with an animation (which is just a single object) - and I clone it using the standard "Duplicate Count" input in the SFX Loop dialog. I am trying to figure out how to make the clones appear staggered in time - either evenly spread out though the duration of the loop or even using some expression to control the exact frequency with which they appear.
    Yes, you can do it using an expression - so decide what effect you want, say a rotateX, set to expression and then play with loop*etime, loop*phase (I like this one) etc.

If you click on the expressions help button (in the effect dialogue) there is a list of things that I don't understand that do some pretty things. Have a play, using loop and *, /, +, or put things in brackets if you find something that works nicely by itself.

I used phased loops and other loop effects in this show.

Hope this helps.

Keith
    Last edited by Galvonaut; 01-24-2014 at 04:09.

Default LSX Multiple Time Line Window Confusion

This is something I have not been able to figure out, and I did read through the living manual on Google Drive...
    What causes multiple timeline windows to pop up? I neither understand why it happens (what am I doing to cause it) nor what the purpose is for this feature...
    Can you have a look at the attachd screen shot ?
    Its driving me crazy cuz the only way out I can find is to close LSX and re-open.

Thanks guys....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LSX Timelines.jpg  

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i was wondering how you did that.. it's such a graceful effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Yes, you can do it using an expression - so decide what effect you want, say a rotateX, set to expression and then play with loop*etime, loop*phase (I like this one) etc.

If you click on the expressions help button (in the effect dialogue) there is a list of things that I don't understand that do some pretty things. Have a play, using loop and *, /, +, or put things in brackets if you find something that works nicely by itself.

Hope this helps.

Keith
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    This is something I have not been able to figure out, and I did read through the living manual on Google Drive...
    What causes multiple timeline windows to pop up? I neither understand why it happens (what am I doing to cause it) nor what the purpose is for this feature...
    Can you have a look at the attachd screen shot ?
    Its driving me crazy cuz the only way out I can find is to close LSX and re-open.

Thanks guys....
    You can grab the corners and resize it. You probably accidentally grabbed a corner. The purpose is to be able to edit multiple timelines at once without having to switch. Not very practical on small screens.

Hope this helps.

Keith
    Don't have LSX and aint an abtract person but I really have to admit LSX's abstract features are really amazing.

Holy crap Galvonaut that was sweet.

I am interested in learning how you did the effects at minute 1:10 and 2:17 if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Hope this helps.

Keith