Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

No, I mean I dont know whether I can fade between the actual colors of the animations and the color(s) generated by the RGBI event. Is that possible?
    I could dublicate the whole animation and overlay one over the other and have its brightness to 0 by default but that would double the point count and I dont think it would still work with scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    Ideally what you want is rgb -> hls/hsv and back conversion. i is only good for intensity not saturation. I'm surprised that most laser software don't even propose an hls/hsv color space to work with.

Fred.
    Agreed with bells on. The human brain can follow shifts through either method and perceive them as smooth
    lovely colour changes - more ways to move through the space = more nice effects
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    Ideally what you want is rgb -> hls/hsv and back conversion. i is only good for intensity not saturation. I'm surprised that most laser software don't even propose an hls/hsv color space to work with.

Fred.
    IldaViewer can ;P
    You can also use rgbi variables to control effects. It's surprisingly neat, you can for example only rotate a certain part of a frame with a particular colour or something like that. Guess we need to nag harder to drlava...

Quote Originally Posted by ghosttrain View Post
    Is that really saturation? I think its hue.

I can get a solid color with RGBI event, its just I dont know how then to control the influence of the RGBI event, if its even possible.
    No it definately is saturation. Hue is colour.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    yes, of course.

check "active" for the color channel(s) you want.

color depends on->constant
    waveform->expression

click the "expression" button

set lower/upper limits to 1 and 1.

Badda Bing. Badda Boom
    You don't need to set the color depends on option when you use expression...
    But this overrides the colour of the original animation so it's not exactly what is asked. You can only do this if you already use expressions in RGBI events as the original colour source and make them go to 1 when a live input is activated.

If there was a way to set the "intensity" or "opacity" of an event like RGBI it would work. I would then just animate that intensity.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

we should propose to andrew the following:

Value 0 has no impact on existing color channel.
    Values 0 ... -1 reduce existing color channel.
    Values 0... +1 increase existing color channel.

or something.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    IldaViewer can ;P
    You can also use rgbi variables to control effects. It's surprisingly neat, you can for example only rotate a certain part of a frame with a particular colour or something like that. Guess we need to nag harder to drlava...

No it definately is saturation. Hue is colour.

You don't need to set the color depends on option when you use expression...
    But this overrides the colour of the original animation so it's not exactly what is asked. You can only do this if you already use expressions in RGBI events as the original colour source and make them go to 1 when a live input is activated.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm not saying this just because it's my idea but because I think it would be more intuitive for someone coming from another timeline based program:
    I really think an "intensity" or "influence" field for each event would be more intuitive.
    And it could be added to any event.
    Andrew would just have to add a global "influence" slider going from 0% to 100% or from 0 to 1 on each event's window which would determine how much the event influences the source and then in his code access that variable and multiply the value by it.
    Here 0% would be ignore the event completely, 50 would be *0.5 and 100 would be *1 to the value in the code.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I'm not saying this just because it's my idea but because I think it would be more intuitive for someone coming from another timeline based program:
    I really think an "intensity" or "influence" field for each event would be more intuitive.
    And it could be added to any event.
    Andrew would just have to add a global "influence" slider going from 0% to 100% or from 0 to 1 on each event's window which would determine how much the event influences the source and then in his code access that variable and multiply the value by it.
    Here 0% would be ignore the event completely, 50 would be *0.5 and 100 would be *1 to the value in the code.
    sure.... send an email to ild.sos.activation@gmail.com or support@innolasers.com with your suggestions.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Sure.

Meanwhile is there anything close I can achieve with LSX? I dont even mind if the transition is smooth or not anymore. Can I have with a press of a button (midi button) make all the colors on my frame say red and then if I press it again use their original colors?

PS. What you mentioned could be achieved if we had a layer method like in Photoshop for the rgbi event (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Overlay, Screen, Burn, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    we should propose to andrew the following:

Value 0 has no impact on existing color channel.
    Values 0 ... -1 reduce existing color channel.
    Values 0... +1 increase existing color channel.

or something.
    It's going to be weird trying to adapt to LSX. If I can suggest something the tools I have are:
    RGB Intensity 1->0 reduces each individual channel from original colours
    Hue 0->1 rotates frame's colours around the hue wheel
    Saturation 0->1 greyscale to full colours of original frame
    Intensity 0->1 all black to full colours
    Lightness 0->1 current colour/greyscale to full white

They all additively stack. I'll miss any of them. Pre/post-RGBI is what I need though
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Sure.

Meanwhile is there anything close I can achieve with LSX? I dont even mind if the transition is smooth or not anymore. Can I have with a press of a button (midi button) make all the colors on my frame say red and then if I press it again use their original colors?

PS. What you mentioned could be achieved if we had a layer method like in Photoshop for the rgbi event (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Overlay, Screen, Burn, etc.)
    Sure. You can use an If event to en/disable a RGBI event that transforms the frame to white.