Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I recently wrote a large chunk about MIDI in the living manual, please request access to drlava...
    Yes - Thank you so much for this CMB! Incredibly helpful

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Sure. You can use an If event to en/disable a RGBI event that transforms the frame to white.
    Nice, very hacky but nice!

One issue though, I'm only able to use the slider knobs on my midi controller, not the pads or the 2 octave piano keys (its a MPK Mini controller).
    Slider knobs are in channel 0 and in indexes (keys) 19 to 32, the pads are channel 9, indexes 54 to 81 and piano keys are "Edit MIDI Key Number" window pops up and I can't see the indexes.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Play (or pause) the show while going to the midi setup, then you don't get the key dialog. You can also remap keys to controls for this exact purpose. Read the manual! It's all in there. There's a link in the first post of this thread.

The link is sending me to a university website which asks for pin to activate my account: https://login.case.edu/cas/login?SAM...26ltmpl%3Ddocs

My guess is your university has integrated google services on their website like mine but still requires accounts created via their site.

Aha! Interesting. Case.edu is the former university of drlava.

Maybe his account was deleted automatically from being old. He should be notified.

About my issue, did I understand correctly that LSX only supports one MIDI channel but I can stil "map" my pads on the 5th channel to channel 0 in LSX? I hope I got this right. Great manual BTW.

Yup that should work. You can only use one MIDI device as input though. If you want more you'll need to find a solution. I wrote a little program in Processing that bundles multiple MIDI inputs and sends them through a virtual MIDI port (LoopBe) to LSX, but I imagine there are other programs available. If your MIDI devices have a MIDI Thru port then that's a solution too of course.

The pads and knobs are on the same controller.
    Although there's a similarm nonLSX specific issue. I was hoping to use the controller both for sound and lasers, in other words have two programs respond to it, but it seems impossible in Windows.

damn it, what am i doing wrong? Want to use the key at Channel 9, key 40.
    http://i.imgur.com/Dhg2LvE.png

The midi() expression uses controls. Scroll down to LSX Action "Control 127" and map it to key 40.