Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 47535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Default Iterate a show on a quasi frame by frame basis using keyboard keys

Question from this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...063#post333063

Quote Originally Posted by Hamill View Post
    Hi there!
    I would like to make some pictures of a show and It would be amazing if I could have two keys for controlling the timeline back and forth frame by frame. Do you know an easy way of doing this? I´m sure it would be interesting for any people who wants to film/photograph certain moments of a laser show.

Cheers!
    I've found a way!

1) Set TimeCode to Live (click the dropdown menu or go to audio settings >> select Live from the TimeCode dropdown menu)

2) Place a SetTimeSpeed event (double click on timeline, click "More", select GetTimeSpeed)

3) Set the upper limit of the SetTimeSpeed event to 1, set to expression, use:

Code:
    speed = 0;

if(keyboard(37)*(1-equal(keyboard(37),a)), assign(speed,-10), 0);  //detect arrow key hits
    if(keyboard(39)*(1-equal(keyboard(39),b)), assign(speed,+10), 0);

a = keyboard(37);  //use a and b to only detect the moment at which the keys are pressed
    b = keyboard(39);  //instead of looping continuously

result=speed
    4) Same as previous post, if you want other keys change the keyboard(##) statements.

The nice thing is that this can be applied to any show, even if preprogrammed to music. You can't have both the show playing with music and toggling with arrow keys though...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

or you could hold down the shift key and use the <- and -> keys to toggle frames.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Question from this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...063#post333063

I've found a way!

1) Set TimeCode to Live (click the dropdown menu or go to audio settings >> select Live from the TimeCode dropdown menu)

2) Place a SetTimeSpeed event (double click on timeline, click "More", select GetTimeSpeed)

3) Set the upper limit of the SetTimeSpeed event to 1, set to expression, use:

Code:
    speed = 0;

if(keyboard(37)*(1-equal(keyboard(37),a)), assign(speed,-10), 0);  //detect arrow key hits
    if(keyboard(39)*(1-equal(keyboard(39),b)), assign(speed,+10), 0);

a = keyboard(37);  //use a and b to only detect the moment at which the keys are pressed
    b = keyboard(39);  //instead of looping continuously

result=speed
    4) Same as previous post, if you want other keys change the keyboard(##) statements.

The nice thing is that this can be applied to any show, even if preprogrammed to music. You can't have both the show playing with music and toggling with arrow keys though...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

If you notice in the image each square is always inside of the larger square and touching the sides. No corners are sticking out.
    Last edited by acheter; 01-22-2018 at 11:49.

Dear LSX enthusiasts.
    I`m quite new to this software and overwhelmed by its abilities. Now I`m going through tutorials and manuals and found many real cool features. But one thing I`m dreaming of I´m still missing:
    Is it possible to let an object, ( a circle or square ) follow a given path ? (Found already something like: camera following a path).
    Some tutorials that lead a little deeper into using expressions ?
    One more problem: trying to make some abstracts with the lissajous-generator, the output gets way to fast, leading only to a wild mashup of colours and a dangerously squeaking scanner…
    In hope of a productive collaboration:
    Reinhard, aka Lightfox.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

within the lissajous editor there's a "points" control. by default it's set to 500. reduce this value to around 100 for experimentation. remember, lissajous abstracts are all about finding the right harmonincs. very subtle changes can have unexpected and profound outcomes. abstract points and galvo speed are variables in the harmonic equation.

here are some lissajous effects to help get you going.

http://www.monkeyhands.com/images/ph...e-abstract.rtd
    http://www.monkeyhands.com/images/ph...-eye-candy.rtd

Quote Originally Posted by LightFox View Post
    Dear LSX enthusiasts.
    I`m quite new to this software and overwhelmed by its abilities. Now I`m going through tutorials and manuals and found many real cool features. But one thing I`m dreaming of I´m still missing:
    Is it possible to let an object, ( a circle or square ) follow a given path ? (Found already something like: camera following a path).
    Some tutorials that lead a little deeper into using expressions ?
    One more problem: trying to make some abstracts with the lissajous-generator, the output gets way to fast, leading only to a wild mashup of colours and a dangerously squeaking scanner…
    In hope of a productive collaboration:
    Reinhard, aka Lightfox.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by LightFox View Post
    Dear LSX enthusiasts.
    Yes, there are several camera path options. have a look at the attached example, which is also included in the LSX example shows that come with the install, does that fit your need?
    Also, have a look at the other examples (mousexy, reflect2, etc) for some expression examples.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Next problem: How to save pictures (CAT) within .sfx files ? When I open sfx that came with the program, (via sfx-browser) always pics are included. When I save my own creations, no pics were reloaded...

Hello,

try this:

- edit pic in picedit for your pleasure
    - copy pic to temp
    - add sfx to timeline in realtime by chosing it in sfx browser and double click in timeline
    - edit event
    - edit event trickfilm in sfx
    - click picture from the tabs
    - click get picture from temp, click ok
    - click screenshot where you like to update preview
    - save sfx by clicking file, then save as (choose sfx folder as destination) ...
    Last edited by Brockwitzer; 01-23-2017 at 12:00.

If you add intensity between the fadein and color shift in the example camera path posted by drlava , setting the upper and lower limits to zero. The path will not be shown and only the white rectangle will be projected. There is a reference to this in one of the posts on camera path.

Thanks to all so far. DMX and saving SFX are now working!
    Going through the tutorials I came now to this point: trying to reproduce Swamidogs dot morphing, I got issues with the morphing effect in the animation loop. I made two circles with different amounts of dots. Set a morph between them. But due to their different dot indexes I think, i can get no smooth morphing, but only a wild swarm of dots, trying to find their new places at the end of the loop. But not only there, I tried the morphing effect before with different pics and got the same result. Is there a solution to get the dots matching in two different frames, so that I can predict there movement during the process ?