Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 515758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

thank you!

and taking a minute to point out saltyrobot's LSX abstract shows are amazing... really good stuff that will blow you mind with wobbly weirdness and melty light.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    At SELEM 11 I was asked to do a talk on Expressions in LSX. I created this document to assist with learning expressions and demonstrating the basics. Feel free to copy and paste from this document as you see fit. If you find something interesting to add re-post the document with your additions and your name as a contributor. Enjoy.

Attachment 52699
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks salty, these are very insightful and helpful!

I bought an Helios DAC and want to use with LSX. What drivers should I be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by mxandy View Post
    I bought an Helios DAC and want to use with LSX. What drivers should I be looking for?
    Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love them.

The directions for installing the Helios drivers on various operating systems can be found here: http://pages.bitlasers.com/helios/

Expect LSX to have a learning curve, but there are some great videos out there (documented in this thread) as well as two manuals for LSX and one for PicEdit (assuming you purchased the Basic or Pro version). The PL chatroom almost always has an LSX user there for questions, although being a chatroom, you may have to wait for a while to get a response.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thank you it was much easier than expected.

im using LSX Basic. im doing coloredmirrorball advanced expressions tutorial video, any idea why my laser is all "dotted/kinked" compared to his?

after i took this photo, i turned "repeat" in the point inspector to "1" on all points. one was set to 6 and one was set to 15 when i had originally selected the two points and copied/pasted them 200 times. after i changed the "repeat" to 1, the line looked a lot smoother. but CMB doesnt do any of that in his demo video, you can see they are set to 6 and 15 as well, and it looks like a smooth line with no kinks in his video. im a bit confused.. is it a hidden edit in the tutorial video? i doubt that..

also, when i first launch lsx, and open the SFX browser, the first thing that pops up is a line that traces around the screen, and that one is "kinky" too. i mention that because that can be achieved without following the tutorial at all, which makes me wonder whats causing this. i tried all the sliders in the optimization settings and nothing came remotely close to solving the kinky lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kinkedlaser.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	53253

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post
    im using LSX Basic. im doing coloredmirrorball advanced expressions tutorial video, any idea why my laser is all "dotted/kinked" compared to his?

after i took this photo, i turned "repeat" in the point inspector to "1" on all points. one was set to 6 and one was set to 15 when i had originally selected the two points and copied/pasted them 200 times. after i changed the "repeat" to 1, the line looked a lot smoother. but CMB doesnt do any of that in his demo video, you can see they are set to 6 and 15 as well, and it looks like a smooth line with no kinks in his video. im a bit confused.. is it a hidden edit in the tutorial video? i doubt that..

also, when i first launch lsx, and open the SFX browser, the first thing that pops up is a line that traces around the screen, and that one is "kinky" too. i mention that because that can be achieved without following the tutorial at all, which makes me wonder whats causing this. i tried all the sliders in the optimization settings and nothing came remotely close to solving the kinky lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kinkedlaser.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	53253
    If any LSX output has these kinks then I'd suspect a bad ground that is allowing power line "hum" to get in the output signal. Have you checked that?

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    If any LSX output has these kinks then I'd suspect a bad ground that is allowing power line "hum" to get in the output signal. Have you checked that?
    Yeah, I'd agree with Lasermaster's assessment. Have you tried running stock shows to see if you have the same issue?

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree with Lasermaster's assessment. Have you tried running stock shows to see if you have the same issue?

-David
    i havent tried inspecting my ground, but it makes all kinds of stock shows and abstracts perfectly smoothly. i sent a video to swamidog and he said it looks smooth like it should. does the point repeat being 6 and 15 mean anything?

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by maxcady; 11-23-2017 at 16:57.

can i record a live "jam" to an ILDA file while the timeline is paused? or can LSX only record to an ilda file from start to finish of a playing timeline? does it record your live adjustments or just whats programmed into the timeline?