Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Your going to teach us how to do all of this at SELEM right? :-) I have my notebook ready.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i stand by my earlier statement of just mashing buttons until pretty light comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Your going to teach us how to do all of this at SELEM right? :-) I have my notebook ready.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

LOL well at least I know I'm doing it right then.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hey this is a tutorials thread! Swamidog, you need to tell us how you made those! :P

mash mash mash... ooooohhh pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Hey this is a tutorials thread! Swamidog, you need to tell us how you made those! :P
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I am working on an effect that I need to apply (or would like to apply so I don't have to duplicate MoveX or other affects) an effect to a group of Animations with other effects... does that make sense? I tried making an SFX loop out of my group and then applying lets say MoveY to the SFX loop (by placing it below) however it only affects the bottom most animation. Is there a way to do this? I thought I have seen someone do it before however I cannot find it and I have not been able to achieve it on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

right click on the event. That will open a window that lets you assign the event to multiple tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    I am working on an effect that I need to apply (or would like to apply so I don't have to duplicate MoveX or other affects) an effect to a group of Animations with other effects... does that make sense? I tried making an SFX loop out of my group and then applying lets say MoveY to the SFX loop (by placing it below) however it only affects the bottom most animation. Is there a way to do this? I thought I have seen someone do it before however I cannot find it and I have not been able to achieve it on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you make your animations and effects in the timeline and then highlight everything you want and do a right click create SFX Loop?

yes.

i actually do most of my work in sfx loops by default. it helps keep the timeline tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Can you make your animations and effects in the timeline and then highlight everything you want and do a right click create SFX Loop?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

cfavreau: you might want to use a Rend2Frame event. It renders everything that is above it to a .pic file in the catalog that you can replace on the timeline. It's the best way to let events apply to the whole .sfx/loop event, apart from placing the events inside the actual loop...