Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 50565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Nicely done good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Then use time instead of etime.

Code:
    frequency=4;
    result=sqr2(2*pi*frequency*time*0.001,0)*0.5+0.5
    This makes the frequency completely independent of event length and playback speed. It will strobe even when the show is paused over the event. But the frequency is now the actual strobe frequency no matter what you do.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Nicely done good sir.
    +1 (and 15 characters)
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Help! Since yesterday I have a terrible lagging preview window, looking more like a slideshow, no smooth movements any more.
    Update: Problem solved. I opened ILDSOS to look, if this will reproduce in its preview function. Now it works again in both apps.
    Last edited by LightFox; 03-19-2017 at 23:09.

does this strobing thing that makes the frequency completely independent mean if i film the laser show whether its paused or playing it will always look great on camera (if i adjust the strobe frequency to something that looks/feels right by eye when looking at my cameras's LCD?

What is your camera / lcd frame rate ? 30 Hz ? I donīt think, that any strobe frequency that has influence in that range, would make any sense.

Anyone know if an APC mini works with LSX? Anyone know which midi variable corresponds to which button on the APC mini? Or do I decide that?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Any MIDI controller should work with LSX but there aren't any presets you need to set the buttons, sliders and knobs yourself.

Actually I'm at the same situation, I got a APC40 for Resolume Arena and Ableton and want to also use it with lasers. Can somebody remind me how you could assign animations to buttons and global values like global red, blue and green dimness or global effects like strobe to sliders? I think there was a way to chop the timeline into pieces and assign each piece to a button but don't know how and whether that's still the case and also what to do in the case of the global effects I mentioned.

Okay got me an APC 40 MK2 for Ableton, Resolume and Maxwell. Might as well use it for LSX too. Somebody please link or pm me the LSX manual (lost it).
    Will share a template project file here Once I relearn how midi worked in LSX.

Quote Originally Posted by jrev View Post
    Somebody please link or pm me the LSX manual (lost it).
    It should be in the LSX install directory in the documentation sub-folder. If you don't see it, I'll post it for you.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

At SELEM 11 I was asked to do a talk on Expressions in LSX. I created this document to assist with learning expressions and demonstrating the basics. Feel free to copy and paste from this document as you see fit. If you find something interesting to add re-post the document with your additions and your name as a contributor. Enjoy.

LSX_Demo_Expression.doc