Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Inventory [what lasers do you own?]

I also have a computer... habit, overclocking them to be exact. We call it "ePenis"... Whoever has the fasted computer has the biggest ePenis... :roll:

I just got notified, an hour after I have arrived at work, another hour from home, that my SCANPRO30 has arrived... dave, it was mailed Monday???!!! DAMN, must have the Delorean shipping that beast. I feel the need to drive the hour home and hour back to work to go get it on my lunch... hour. :roll: I shall post when I get back.

I don't have many lasers, at least not as many as I would like to

1 80mw green laser module from extremelasers.
    1 1mw red HeNe
    2 green pointers from AtlasNova. One is 21mw, the other just 5mw
    Several red pointers. I still like red
    Several IR diodes from dead CD drives that I have yet to hook up ops:
    Some other bits and pieces
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    Quote Originally Posted by cruch
    Well well...What can I say? You guys have lots of lasers
    I liken it to, who has the most toys, or who has the biggest dick
    Don't know if I agree with the biggest dick part, but I think most geeks like toys and tend to collect them. It doesn't have to be a contest though. It might prove insightful if you discover that someone else here has the same laser you do - especially if you've been tearing your hair out trying to get it to work...

Besides, I'll bet that Cruch has quite a good bit of money invested in his RGB projector and 250 mn dpss unit... Thus even if you feel the need to make a contest out of it, the winner isn't going to be selected by sheer number of lasers.

Personally I don't think Evolve inteded his post to be a contest in the first place. And as for me, well, I'm interested in learning about what sort of gear other people are playing with... (Speaking of which - anyone got a spare ALC-68B tube or similar for sale that I can drop in my HGM-5?)

Adam

I got my SCANPRO30 and... ops: I have no idea what I am doing. dave is helping, but I am still lost. I thought the driver boards and power supply WAS the DAC. No I find out I NEED a DAC which is a separate component. :? :cry: And I have NO idea how to make one, even thoughdave has supplied a link to another thread about how to make a DAC for PoepleScan, which is all I can afford to use... :help:

Adam, what kind of tube are you looking for. I have a spare SP 163c head with no PS that is collecting dust. Will that work?

3 x USB Flashback 3's + LivePRO

1 x QM2000 Intro, LivePRO

1 x 150mw green dpss + SCANECO2 + program board (standalone laser)

2 x 150mw green dpss + SCANPRO30 projectors

1 x 350mw green dpss + SCANPRO40 projector

1 x 200mw green, 200mw blue, 600mw red + SCANPRO30 projector (under construction, pics soon. red is in germany at arctos getting realigned)

1 x 3.5 watt ALC-909 custom argon laser. This was part of a limited run of alc909 tubes, made by american laser corp to be "drop in" replacements for lexel-88 oem heads, in medical kit. So its a bit shorter, and we run it off an oem switchmode lexel 88 power supply. So we get basically 3.5 watts from a 20A 230VAC circuit. Convenient.

The original projector we built around this tube had twin "Widemove" scan heads, twin diffraction gratings, and the colour selection was configured such that either head could be green, blue, or cyan. The other head would do the opposite... ie, blue + green, green + blue, cyan + nothing, nothing + cyan. We could also blank any head as well. Each combination was mapped out onto a midi controller, and we could play it to the beat of the music - the end effect was awesome.

However, the thing was too damn big, and we're shrinking it down so it can be hung off a truss like our other projectors. It will still be twin head, but with a much simpler colour selection... it is currently on the bench... waiting for a box to be redesigned.

We also have another 2 150mw green heads.. one of which is in need of a little TLC. And a few spare sets of 15K SCANECO2's lying about, plus 3 or 4 spare sets of SCANPRO30s... and 2 sets of old laserworks ss350 scanners... and an nec baby argon laser in a massive wooden box with a broken spirographic projector, and a few he-ne projectors.. of which one provides a roof to some white-tail spiders in my shed....

Wanting a laserscope ktp, some 1 or 2 watt dpss lasers, and a big ar-kr projector. But we should finish our current projectors first. Dave has just finished designing a new, small enclosure for our single colour projectors... then on to designing the RGB and argon enclosures.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Don't know if I agree with the biggest dick part, but I think most geeks like toys and tend to collect them. It doesn't have to be a contest though. It might prove insightful if you discover that someone else here has the same laser you do - especially if you've been tearing your hair out trying to get it to work...

Besides, I'll bet that Cruch has quite a good bit of money invested in his RGB projector and 250 mn dpss unit... Thus even if you feel the need to make a contest out of it, the winner isn't going to be selected by sheer number of lasers.

Personally I don't think Evolve inteded his post to be a contest in the first place. And as for me, well, I'm interested in learning about what sort of gear other people are playing with... (Speaking of which - anyone got a spare ALC-68B tube or similar for sale that I can drop in my HGM-5?)

Adam
    Ever heard of the term "tongue in cheek" ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    I got my SCANPRO30 and... ops: I have no idea what I am doing. dave is helping, but I am still lost. I thought the driver boards and power supply WAS the DAC. No I find out I NEED a DAC which is a separate component. :? :cry: And I have NO idea how to make one, even thoughdave has supplied a link to another thread about how to make a DAC for PoepleScan, which is all I can afford to use... :help:

Adam, what kind of tube are you looking for. I have a spare SP 163c head with no PS that is collecting dust. Will that work?

allthat,

I have a few spare DAC boards that I designed to run with Popelscan, (I also had a small budget). This is what I used for my projector and works perfectly with 15K scanners.

If your interested in an 8bit LPT DAC board send me a PM.

Cheers
    Jgee_83

Default Lasers

1x 90 (100)mw Green DPSS -Lasever-
    1x 100mw ALC 60x Old thing, not fired in years
    1x 400mw ALC 60x Brand new optics, running very well!
    Regards,

Aidan

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Thanks for the offer, but no - the SP 163c head is not nearly large enough. (And besides, I already own a Spectra-Physics 163c...) In fact, I've even got a spare 092-S tube that will fit the 163 series head. I once had thoughts of hooking it up to the HGM-5 PSU just to see what would happen. (Turns out it's a good thing I didn't try it... See below.)

My HGM-5 needs a much larger tube; something like the ALC-68 B or even a Lexel 88... If you're as curious as I was as to WHY you can't power a small tube with a large power supply, have a look at this usenet discussion on alt.lasers where I first asked the question. Pay particular attention to Steve Roberts' colorful description of the experiment he performed!

Quote Originally Posted by aijii
    Ever heard of the term "tongue in cheek" ?
    Yes, I have. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was jumping on the soapbox with my reply, but it didn't sound like much of a joke when I first read the "biggest dick" post above. It sounded more like sour grapes to me, actually. But maybe I just needed a hug that day... :roll: Anyway, no harm, no foul.

Adam

Now ..... MY DICK IS REALLY BIG ............. i could strap a 10W copper vapour to it and still have room for a couple of Argons oh..... and the PSUs ..... oh ..... and the water chiller..... and thats when its not errect ...:mrgreen:

But im quite happy to live with .....

120mW TTL lambda pro green ( backup)
    10mw HeNe with russian scanners ( not used now )
    380mW DPSS TTL green ( soon to be my backup )
    Mamba black DAC with dell laptop
    laser illusions alphalite pro DAC
    laser illusions Graphic worksation DAC in rack PC
    Laser Grafix ( chameleon ) PM20 rack controller
    Chameleon geometric corrector rack
    Medialas widemoves
    Custom built Ballanced line scale and offset amps
    300ft multicore control cable with keyswitch, Estops and beam shutter control
    Poly20 grating wheel ( 20 grating types on 1 wheel ) with stepper contol
    2 x GM20 actuaters used as safety shutters and divert to poly20

and soon to arrive from DAVE ( here on PL )
    400mW Red Analogue
    450mW green
    150mW blue

so i can go crazy in glorious Technicolor ..........

all the best........ Karl