Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V****o DPSS Green has died, need help...

hmm, good I will check it.

1x8W RGB 2x3W G
    3x12W RGB (in progres)
    M2.0 M3.0

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    I talk with Frank and send back broken 3W and all my new 4W with bad beam. We still talk via email trough repair time-some delay but all OK. Now you can think how I surprised when I get it. Viasho don't touch this 4W head. They have the same beam like before repair.
    You paid him 1K$ and he just returned your broken module back? Or he did not consider bad beam as defect?

Why do you remind me of bad memories?

Sure, for Viasho all is OK! Beam exist, power also.
    I tell u something. At half 2016 year I send back and pay 800$ for repair 3W who have problem with modulation, at end lost power. After this repair, he work maybe 50 hours. I send it back again in December for Frank cost. Back, die again (this time also driver). I send several email to Frank but I don't get any answer- classical. Now I have nice and dear hammer for driving nails.

Viasho have nice look construction, but the worst ratio price to mW. Here you don't pay for power but for very short lifetime. But Iwrite: I have info that my 5 year old 1...2W laser head work to this day. I think that work 300hrs/year.

1x8W RGB 2x3W G
    3x12W RGB (in progres)
    M2.0 M3.0

I have two, 2 and 4W I don't know what to do with them - or look for those who can replace or sell crystals, or just forget about them..
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    Now I have nice and dear hammer for driving nails.
    I know for sure how much it costs me 4x NDG7475 module with predictable specs and lifetime, but I have no idea how much to invest in PDSS repairs and is it justified today?... $800 for repairs look inadequate in my option.

Hi all,

I have 4 green DPSS V****O (300mW to 2W) in my collection of defekt DPSS (much more in CNI, RGBLasersystem,...) but i can say:
    Yes, good mechanical look and parts, but bad general conception, pricipaly on the thermal gestion of ND/KTP, one TEC (2x TECs in series) under the base plate, that's all...
    In fact, all the cavity works at the same temp, and this is not the best solution for stability and longevity.
    Drivers... basics, poor quality, bad construction,...
    I have in preparation for 2017 a collection of autopsies of the DPSS of all brands, but it is long. So, to follow...
    ... and, if you want to complete my collection, cool !

Regards, Christophe.