Thread: Spec / Admin

Default Spec / Admin

I have asked NUMEROUS times.

PLEASE fix my PM issues. I do not have time or the patience to try and decypher yours and/or DSLi jons instructions on how to get a hold of you or the techno lingo as to what the issue is or was.

As a PAYING (quite a lot by the way) corporate member here, i would expect some sort of response to technical issues.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

The last payment from you, according to the historical paypal log I just downloaded was on 08/04/2012 - End of 08 Paypal glitched out hard and caused the vast majority of subscriptions in play that "hit" on the first 2 weeks of the month to fail thus causing a cascade failure on this side of the "pond" as it were. This "issue" is not something paypal is going to revert a transaction database over. For what it was worth: I was not the only person who ate a brick during this little deeeeerp.

Since that happened and I was trying to find a solution to guarantee it doesn't happen in the future, I manually "upgraded" your account to "Corporate Benefactor" three times for just shy of a month each because hey, it's the least I could do and you were not, I repeat, were not billed in that time. Check your paypal transaction history. Each manual update I sent you either a PM(after limit increases were in effect) or an email to the registered address here explaining what happened, to which I received no reply. Effective a week ago I forgot to manually upgrade your account because I have been busy trying to "Fix shit" locally.

In order for me to fully fix this issue I would have to break in to your house and steal you computer in hopes that you store your login credentials for PL and Paypal so I could go through the resub process and then break back in and put everything back where it was. This, while theoretically feasible, is pretty "Not cool man"

As soon as I submit this reply I will go back and manually "up" your account for a couple more weeks. Feel free to check your paypal transaction history if you are so inclined.

So: There we are.

Confirming that the "fail over" date was just moved to the 22nd of December. I'll not send an email or PM this time because they apparently don't "get there"

Lightbulb PM...S?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I do not have time or the patience to try and decypher yours and/or DSLi jons instructions on how to get a hold of you or the techno lingo as to what the issue is or was.
    Then how are you *possibly* in a position to tell Spec that "there is NO REASON n the WORLD why he cant fix this issue" - maybe, juuust maybe, it's something beyond his control, since he is not the *author* of this v-BS software? Sorry, but if ya can't figure out how to make a *phone call*, then how can you get all, uh, 'PM-Ssey' at Spec for something he has repeatedly stated is *not* his-doing, active or 'passive'?

Also, you had a typo in the other post - lemme help: "AFAI - DON'T - K.." - Matter of fact, he is. And I never said he "does not frequent said forum that often except to do some behind the scenes things", I said that HIS VIEW of the forum is NOT what we all see, *unless* he happens to decide to peruse the threads, which he is not *obligated* to read every-day - maybe he'll see your volcano, maybe he won't - does NOT MEAN he is *ignoring* you - He showed me 'his view', and I'll tell ya - it looks like the checklist for launching the Space Shuttle - *nothing like* what we all-see, on a daily-basis.. Again - I was merely trying to be *helpful* to let you know, 'try another method' other than a threadantrum.

Lastly, re: 'Keep an eye on your forum', uh, he DOES.. I have personally witnessed the guy, mopping up many-a whiney-ass OMDG!!! SO AND SO POKED ME IN THE CYBERBUTT!!!! OWWOWOOWAAAAAH I WANT BLOODDDD!!! kindergarden-spasms from the other side of the friggin globe - at 3-4 am - whilst You, and I am sure many others, were tucked in their suggly little beds, counting laser-sheep.

So, here's some simple and non-obtuse / glyphic suggestionés:

a) Clean out your closet. Download the PMs from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, et al, and delete the rest of the crap. If you don't 'have time', to manage your account, then why bother generating them, at-all? You have a fantastic website / email, and storefront, why not rely on those fine *business tools* you have, and let this 'infowerld' / chill-out patio / chinsese chum-bucket, etc, be what it is, and not go off the rails in a crazy train, when the software eats its own brains? - I'm tellin ya, it's NOT Spec being 'unattentive' or lazy, etc, capiché?

b) *Awesome* that you contribute so much, but this aint ILDA. There are many-others that contribute more than you might think, as-well. But that does not entitle *any* of us, to 'own' Specs @ss, nor mow it across 9 threads, because of some tech-difficulties, with what - *surprize* - sounds like GreedPals fault, anyway, dig?

c) Sounds like you need a giant doobie, and a bubble bath.. Why not take a deep breath, and count to tomorrow, and see how you feel, then... Especially since it looks like you're already 'blue' again, and I'm sure what other fixes CAN-be made, are on their way if-not already done. (..as is *usually* the case, around here, save for certain 'issues' with spamOEMs, but that's a story for another threadjack.. )

Con Amoré
    The Godfather
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

"take a deep breath, and count to tomorrow..." oh I'm so going to use that!

Life is too short
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    "take a deep breath, and count to tomorrow..." oh I'm so going to use that!
    That was pretty epic.

Jon-

Im not too sure what to make of your cyber coded jibberish. Im not going to get into an AOL, my dick is bigger than your dick pissing match. All i simply need and want and have asked answers for was to why i cant send PM's. the issues go back for months. The explanation(s) i have received in the past included 32 paragraph long explanations in some sort of techno jibberish about PHP and coding and Paypal .asp netowrk failures with C++ mainframe crashes which the dark monsters taking over world domination.

I paid (and NO wiese ass, im not looking for special treatment) every single month. I was hoping that my issues would be resolved the first time the problems arose, and then the second and third time is when i began to get pissed.

I dont need all of the...

Multitude of sentences and answers in every" sort of grammatical expression" in our english language to try and prove a point thats pec can be contacted by phone.

REALLY didnt see the need for this thread to go sideways. But, if we all would like to turn into the real housewives of Photon Lexicon have at it. I was simply asking how and why i could get my PMs back.

Whose up now?

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

Thumbs up

Whose up now?
    Well of course, me! I'll try and keep this *real* simple this time:

I was simply asking how and why i could get my PMs back.
    a) You got the answer; You did not like the answer; Sorry. Sometimes, the winds simply will not blow the way we want, therefore: Plan B. I think Brad's brilliant suggestion (even-if just a temporary fix..) would have gotten you back on track, w/o all the cow-pie slinging and elevated forehead temperatures.

b) You're beating-up the wrong person - Spec is not to blame / doing this 'to you'; Please take your chainsaw to go after Paypal and the authors of this bulletin software, not Spec - it's not his 'doing', that's all my 'jibberish' was-about.. Really has nothing to to with the respective dimensions of our procreation-wands, I assure you..

c) Wait - you're also getting mad at the other people reacting in your *public* thread, on this *public* forum?? Apparently the b-bath and big-blunt didn't work? Try again, more chamomile and milk, this time..

Translation: You're overreacting to this. IMO, Don't rely on this forum's tools to conduct-business, then you can't get frustrated when they implode.. (I assume the PM-frustrations were due to life-critical $$ / orders, and not about tea and strumpets?

Anyhoo, it (appears) that your fire is out (ya?) so... right?

Love,
    The Wise Ass
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

ok

15 characters

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers