Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 watt RGB - FDA registered - http://www.laserlightshow.org/Laser_Systems.php

Welp, it's official.. the china mkt has found the lazor niche .. guess c@sio's to blame.. shoulda stuck with gas ions .. but that probably wouldn't have stopped this from happening .. Now everybody's gonna have a cheap hi power projector, blind each other with them, and all laser projectors will be banned like weapons .. sht .. :/

Actually, given the plumeting price, high power, and flashlight form-factor of some of the laser modules for sale on eBay, I suspect more and more "beginners" will be buying 2 watt "laser pointers" and blinding themselves and others.
    Think about how many times you've seen some jerk shining a true laser pointer into the face of performers on stage or into other into crowds of people. Now consider that same kind of jerk buying a 2-watt laser! I have already seen a couple posts on Internet forums (not here) about people accidentally blinding themselves and seeking medical advice. If the power of the lasers keeps increasing while the costs decrease, it seems more and more jerks will be able to afford these. It doesn't seem like it will take long before they are being regulated like handguns... (I'll apply to the county for my concealed laser licence now!) But then again, maybe that will be necessary if this becomes a big problem.
    I like the falling prices for my pocketbook, but I am also concerned about how accessible high power lasers are becoming. It used to be that you had to be pretty obsessed with lasers to invest in anything too dangerous, but this seems to be changing very quickly.
    I may have to start wearing some of those stylist "blue blocker" sunglasses that used to be sold on infomercials on TV just to protect myself going to the grocery store.
    (In case my humor is lost, I am not serious about "blue blocker" sun glasses being effective protection from high power laser light! I just couldn't resist bringing up those space aged sun glasses.)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ah the famous Durashine commercial. White titanium dioxide paint vs a red, chromium based adsorptive paint. Durashine protects the white car, competitor protects the red car. Even God has a hard time damaging TiO2, however Red car gets nasty burns in door from 20 watt argon. In fact it "burns through" on the last shot. You can see them ramping up and down the power, as well. The "witnesses" are given the famous "BlueBlocker" (another infomercial) sunglasses as safety glasses. Very rigged infomercial for Durashine. I wish the full video was on Youtube....

Here is a VERY EDITED partial clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIDei7clylY

Beeaaaam On! Beeaaam Off!

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

did you notice they dubbed in a star trek phaser like sound effect whenever the laser was on? awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Ah the famous Durashine commercial. White titanium dioxide paint vs a red, chromium based adsorptive paint. Durashine protects the white car, competitor protects the red car. Even God has a hard time damaging TiO2, however Red car gets nasty burns in door from 20 watt argon. In fact it "burns through" on the last shot. You can see them ramping up and down the power, as well. The "witnesses" are given the famous "BlueBlocker" (another infomercial) sunglasses as safety glasses. Very rigged infomercial for Durashine. I wish the full video was on Youtube....

Here is a VERY EDITED partial clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIDei7clylY

Beeaaaam On! Beeaaam Off!

Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    did you notice they dubbed in a star trek phaser like sound effect whenever the laser was on? awesome!
    Lol yeah I'm pretty sure all lasers made that sound back in those days ..

yea this guy is a joke first show on his list he still owes me for renting some gas lasers.

Funny how this thread got resurrected just now. Just a few days ago a promoter said a job for New Years was between me and Pawn. My answer, "Even if you don't go with me, definitely don't go with Pawn." I don't generally knock competition. But these guys, damn...
    Last edited by LEDpaint; 06-17-2013 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDpaint View Post
    Funny how this thread got resurrected just now. Just a few days ago a promoter said a job for New Years was between me and Pawn. My answer, "Even if you don't go with me, definitely don't go with Pawn." I don't generally knock competition. But these guys, damn...
    ...but, these guys damn what? I love how every one loves to slander the name pawn lasers, but from 1985 to 2010... really no one else in the east coast except us was doing lasers at music concerts except for p.a.w.n. - www.LaserLightShow.ORG, as we had a monopoly on the music industry, and the other 10 laser company's in the USA were doing mainly planetarium shows. Now, every other lighting company wants to buy a crappy laser and follow our lead and talk trash on us b/c we made the most money, over 2 million dollars, and we done the most laser shows... and there jealous... continuously slandering us. I'm just gonna post my tax returns next time someone slanders us, and a copy of court records showing that we never been sued, or copies of letters from the FDA & FAA that were in good standing.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    really this another April fools joke lol
    This is not an April fool joke, go to our website and watch the video laser billboards - there I have over 20 examples.