Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: post your eye melty abstracts here

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

my shifts in style are quite intentional. i jump instruments, styles, and tempos to keep the shows flowing in ways that are unexpected and dynamic.

many components of the shows (sizes, positions, colors) are random and vary from performance to performance. this is, of course, lost on youtube.

i did two performances in san diego last week. it was very interesting to see what various people reacted to. some *really* liked my graphic shows and some *really* liked the abstracts. there was a lot of "that's my favorite show.. oh wait, now this is my favorite show" going on. i had a lot of fun guessing the audiences reaction and being consistently surprised. there was no impression of leaving the audience behind.

different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Actually I like electronic music - and I understand listening & visualizing what I'm going to do with a piece. This one starts out well and fizzles (IMO), and you decided to switch from interpreting the music to acompaning the music - it's easy to see - the music marches on exactly the way it was and the imagery gets all wild. Now I'm not saying you can't make that work, but if you intend to take that step you might want to telegraph it by starting the imagery before the music, or adding your bits off center to the action to distinguish one thing from the other. Or think of something else to say the imagery isn't constrained by the music. The easiest thing to do is leave the audience behind...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I, for one, was mesmerized.

I have QS with an LK-PD2 and reke500RGB and a "toy" Red/Green box. Not up there with the Big Boys...but not a Pro either (mostly ceiling until wife gets bored and sometimes 10 X 10 white tarp in pvc frame out back).

But...Everytime swamidog posts some miracle of photons...I long for LSX with dac to Awe and Amaze Myself! (and mayhaps my spouse).

Wish I could afford Beyond...but QS for now. Maybe a deal for LSX with dac at SELEM? I have a killer vacation to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, West Coast and Disneyland coming up in June/July...but Hope to get to my firstus SELEM in August to be Awed in person...as I was at TEXLEM-1 in San Antonio last year.

Swamidog...Keep em coming! Just makes me want LSX That Much More!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i am more than happy to oblige, and thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I, for one, was mesmerized.

I have QS with an LK-PD2 and reke500RGB and a "toy" Red/Green box. Not up there with the Big Boys...but not a Pro either (mostly ceiling until wife gets bored and sometimes 10 X 10 white tarp in pvc frame out back).

But...Everytime swamidog posts some miracle of photons...I long for LSX with dac to Awe and Amaze Myself! (and mayhaps my spouse).

Wish I could afford Beyond...but QS for now. Maybe a deal for LSX with dac at SELEM? I have a killer vacation to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, West Coast and Disneyland coming up in June/July...but Hope to get to my firstus SELEM in August to be Awed in person...as I was at TEXLEM-1 in San Antonio last year.

Swamidog...Keep em coming! Just makes me want LSX That Much More!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

hello folks.., ^^

as my link http://hacylon.case.edu/_LaserCam_1...2/kinect.zip does not work anymore ( as it moved to innolaser) could someone send me the kinect.zip file or a link for the driver that works for the lasercam pro kinect ?!

thanks a lot,
    Thomas

Default Quote of the day

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:36.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Well........ he IS and ILDA award laserist (and unmarried computer programmer) after all. Some of us just mash our buttons a little differently.

Default LSX on EMS Scanners - best yet!

Jem kindly let me play with his projector during UKLEM this weekend and so far, his little projector fitted with EMS7000 iirc, has scanned this show the best.

It's still a work in progress as I'm not finishing the show until I've built my PJ. Sound is a uS or two out as Windows movie maker isn't the most ideal software and my patience with it is inversely proportional to my patience with LSX

Enjoy

Oh, I should add that I did zero optimization to the show and no setup of LSX to suit the projector - I've not got to that bit in the manual yet (or maybe I skipped it)

Nice job Galvo, looks like you are well on your way to producing excellent shows! And Jem has a kickass projector. I like the music; so much good musical talent comes from the UK and Europe. Last time I was overseas I picked up a Kay Rush album, your stuff just seems to have a 'different vibe' to it.

Now hurry up and finish your PJ!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Nice job Galvo, looks like you are well on your way to producing excellent shows! And Jem has a kickass projector. I like the music; so much good musical talent comes from the UK and Europe. Last time I was overseas I picked up a Kay Rush album, your stuff just seems to have a 'different vibe' to it.

Now hurry up and finish your PJ!
    Cheers man! Yeah, I'm really getting into the psybient stuff at the moment - it's a pleasure to design to as a 5 or 10 second loop is actually relaxing to listen to over and over again during the design process. I'm just exploring Entheogenic at the moment too - I love the Eastern sounds they use in their music.

Hmm, projector... yeah, now I want some EMS7000 MkIIs