Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Review] LSX and TouchOSC [Tutorial]

Update!

Preview of me testing the latency of the ipad-TouchOSC combo. (Consists mostly of effect previews and random button mashing )
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    sure....

or you could just use a native android touchOSC client.

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc-android
    Has anyone gotten this working? (on Android) I've been toying around with it on and off for a while now and can't seem to get OSC to see any hosts. I've tried working it from about every angle (static routing, disabling firewalls, etc, etc) and can't get rtpMIDI to connect nor TouchOSC to recognize any hosts.

I might finally give in and just pick up an iPad. That OSC just looks too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by iczerjones View Post
    Has anyone gotten this working? (on Android) I've been toying around with it on and off for a while now and can't seem to get OSC to see any hosts. I've tried working it from about every angle (static routing, disabling firewalls, etc, etc) and can't get rtpMIDI to connect nor TouchOSC to recognize any hosts.

I might finally give in and just pick up an iPad. That OSC just looks too awesome.
    Some others have been having the same problem, What fixed it for them was to run the Sync feature in TouchOSC Editor while scanning for a host, You can also add the device by entering the Ip of you android device and a port.
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    -Hybridz0rz

Quote Originally Posted by hybridz0rz View Post
    Some others have been having the same problem, What fixed it for them was to run the Sync feature in TouchOSC Editor while scanning for a host, You can also add the device by entering the Ip of you android device and a port.
    That did it. I had not grabbed the editor yet; I was just using rtpMIDI in conjunction with the TouchOSC application. Working now.

Thanks!

Thanks was able to get this working! Special thanks to CMB helping me through the obvious with a midi issue.
    leading in trailing technology

i tinkered with this a bit, using latest LSX beta i was able to send messages to LSX directly from TouchOSC without help of rtpmidi (on Android i had to use TouchDAW which is quite confusing first)

I am back from the dead and will be making a new rev once i get ahold of the new version of LSX
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    -Hybridz0rz