Thread: Mini rgb led display, use with pixel pusher

Default Mini rgb led display, use with pixel pusher

Wondering if anyone could identify this matrix or tell me of a similar product, I am looking for a desktop type video wall that could be used with pixel pusher.

leading in trailing technology

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

contact Henner Zeller

h.zeller@acm.org

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Wondering if anyone could identify this matrix or tell me of a similar product, I am looking for a desktop type video wall that could be used with pixel pusher.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello,

It looks similar to this:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/607

You would need 4 of them to get the same number of pixels.

ED

Thanks will send an email.

Found this one, looks like 4 of them may work. Any idea if a single could be driven by pixel pusher. Am I correct in my logic that if the unit can drive 240x8 that across 5 channels I would be able to address the 1024 total using 5 channels? Sorry for my lack of under standing. Just trying to figure out how to play.

I see we search alike .
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ping heroic. she's the creator of the pixelpusher.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Thanks will send an email.

Found this one, looks like 4 of them may work. Any idea if a single could be driven by pixel pusher. Am I correct in my logic that if the unit can drive 240x8 that across 5 channels I would be able to address the 1024 total using 5 channels? Sorry for my lack of under standing. Just trying to figure out how to play.

I see we search alike .
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Heya. My friend has some similar modules to those. The Chinese go by the dot pitch, so if you look on Ali Express there are like P5, P10, P25.x and such. It's the mm between pixels.

I was eyeballing the P10 160mm x 320mm panels, and plan to buy some in the future. The control for most of those is a Chinese made board that has a breakout card that attaches to it, and from there it looks like it has 8 or so buffer chips or demux ICs that then drive the rows of the modules. Documentation and such is probably fairly weak. If it's scanned like a pinball plasma display and general LED moving marquee displays, the data is shifted in horizontal rows, row toggled on, row toggled off, then the next row is done, over and over.

A friend bought two of the modules similar to that picture straight from China, and one had bad pixels. So beware, and perhaps buy extras. I'm sure Adafruit wouldn't ship them bad or would make good, but China is a bit more difficult.

Not sure the pixel pusher was really designed to push those type of scanned arrays, but I can't speak for the product.

On a side note, I myself am in the process of building my own Trent-Reznor-wannabe-in-my-bedroom RGB LED array, and it's quite a mess. Picked up 54 1 meter (actually longer!) 32 pixel strips from Aliexpress. Of course they ship 50, and so far I think I have two bad ones. The LEDs are WS2812B, which are newer than the others, so much of the circuits and software won't clock them right. I'm getting close though, I think. My setup should be 43" high x 14' wide with 1280 pixels. No problems getting the adafruit Arduino code running, but the other computer driven display solutions haven't worked so far. Software: PixelInvaders, Jinx!, Glediator. Attempted hardware solutions: tpm2.net, tpm2 serial, pixelpy tossed aside can't deal with the timings. OctoWS2811 is my next attempt, and hope to couple OLA -> OctoWS2811 to get artnet or UDP packet termination for PixelInvaders PixelController.

those is WS2812B led , but i have problem with those led to make panel , as one of them broken will affect another , and it seem that WS2813 LED is come out , i can not make sure it will support pixel pusher or not .

When making a panel it is absolutely necessary to put in the capacitor and resistor on the first LED after a wire run. Otherwise that LED will eventually die horribly.
    There are lots of Arduino examples for driving them. They will work with existing drivers, the difference is a more relaxed reset requirement and two data channels, but that doesn't interfere with the original operation.