Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Looks like I got booted on LPF.

It's a shame that the "veterans" there are defined only by post count. Real veterans of the laser industry have been essentially drummed out by you, the meter-tinkerer, and a few other bully baiters who hide behind the skirts of Dave and a few others who only want to maintain their authority there without challenges to that authority. The skirt just mentioned is the unfair and self-perpetuating rep system. Everyone who joins is presumed to be a teenager, and treated as such. That's why when serious questions are asked about lasers other that the brands of pointers sold on the web or the semiconductor lasers in them, there is nobody there to answer them. Unless they ape the information from Sam or someone here (no slight intended to those people).

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    Different house different rules

If every place was just like PL, there would be no need for PL

Peace,
    dave
    That's ridiculous. It's like saying soccer fans shouldn't be expected to act peaceful like baseball fans because then there'd be no reason to go to a baseball game.

Let it go Bob, please.

I've been reading this forum since I've been here, and you have your own fair share of drama, just like every other forum does. You didnt fit in there because you were over qualified. There are very few educated laser tech members there. More than half the members couldnt even absorb what you were talking about. What did you expect??? Its a laser POINTER, forum, not a laser science forum.

It has its purpose, just like this forum has its. They both do a good job at the level of membership that frequents them. You cant compare apples and oranges.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

It's a gateway to the hobby (paraphrasing your own words). It's a marketplace. It would be more if people like you weren't there, standing just inside the doorway picking fights for fun. Maybe it's on that path since you've been gone (and meterman essentially now too). That would be great. It's a shame the structure that supported you there is still in place. And for the record, I've been invited back a few times since I've been gone, but declined.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    It has its purpose, just like this forum has its. They both do a good job at the level of membership that frequents them. You cant compare apples and oranges.
    Very true. The topics and members at LPF are much different than PL. There's a fair bit of overlap between the two forums, but I see them as separate fourms for the most part.

It's a shame that the "veterans" there are defined only by post count. Real veterans of the laser industry have been essentially drummed out by you, the meter-tinkerer, and a few other bully baiters who hide behind the skirts of Dave and a few others who only want to maintain their authority there without challenges to that authority. The skirt just mentioned is the unfair and self-perpetuating rep system. Everyone who joins is presumed to be a teenager, and treated as such. That's why when serious questions are asked about lasers other that the brands of pointers sold on the web or the semiconductor lasers in them, there is nobody there to answer them. Unless they ape the information from Sam or someone here (no slight intended to those people).
    The term veteran is tossed around lightly at LPF, over there it refers to a veteran of the forum, rather than the hobby. If veterans were selected by other people then it would become a popularity club and that would stir up the drama factory again.

LPF has its fair share of problems, but most of those can't be solved easily. A lot of the drama comes from the younger demographic, and that can't be changed as LPF tries to attract as many people as possible for ad revenue.

Yeah I know Bob, I'm the scourge of LPF. We all know that, how many more times are you going to say it?

Its a fact that with or without me, or you, LPF will still keep trudging along fine. It was, and will never be a place for you, I dont understand the redundant rants on how LPF, and me make your life miserable. We get it, everyone gets it. Maybe if you opened up your own forum you'd have a place you truly love, and be happy for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    It's a gateway to the hobby (paraphrasing your own words). It's a marketplace. It would be more if people like you weren't there, standing just inside the doorway picking fights for fun. Maybe it's on that path since you've been gone (and meterman essentially now too). That would be great. It's a shame the structure that supported you there is still in place. And for the record, I've been invited back a few times since I've been gone, but declined.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

First, it WAS a place for me and everything was just fine until I defended a kid named "LSDisgoodforme" against your unnecessary bullying, and despite surviving your drumhead poll to have me banned the first time. My only issues there were with a handful of individuals out of many thousands, and my main argument was and is against the rep system (and especially its use for "bait & ban" purposes).

Second, who da fuck are YOU (or Dave) to tell ME what the place for me is?!?

Finally, I thought you said early this afternoon that you were going to put me on your "ignore list".

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm back in, but how the heck / why I needed a password change I have no idea.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

iThis entire thread should have never happened IMHO.

Because it did, a lot of drama and negitivity happened at a forum where many 'CLAIM' to find drama distasteful.

I WILL NOT be baited- by the troll-- & his LIES!!

It was a sad(& surprising, considering his former opinion of PL & its members) day when I saw he was here-

hk

So I ditto Gary- contact me by other means henceforth.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 01-31-2014 at 13:50.

Imagine life here in PL if LPF didnt exist.
    Will there be three phase!!!!