Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Looks like I got booted on LPF.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    This entire thread should have never happened IMHO.

Because it did, a lot of drama and negitivety happened at a forum where many 'CLAIM' to find drama disateful.

I WILL NOT be baited- by the troll-- & his LIES!!

It was a sad(& surpizing, considering his former opinion of PL & its members) day when I saw he was here-

hk

So I ditto Gary- contact me by other means henceforth.
    Please quote where I lied. Len you would not believe the amount of people who share my opinion of you. And please dont go Gary's route, you a much better man than he is.

This is the toxic waste dump, from what I've read this IS the place for any drama, and or negativity. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll stop posting here.

If you dont want to feed the troll, then stop posting, and add me to ignore. Its just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Imagine life here in PL if LPF didnt exist.
    You'd have waves of n00bs asking how they can turn their $3 5mW pointer into a 1W laser than can burn the ass hairs off a cat at 10 feet, LOL.

I made a video of a typical day at LPF. If LPF didnt exist you'd be getting this crap everyday.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Hey Len, no worries, Ill leave you alone from now on. I'll put you ignore, and if you please put me on ignore too.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Sorry to thread resurrect - well, maybe not... But I see that pretty much all the folks I'm interested in following save Bloom and a couple others from LPF are here.

I've been trying for some time to figure out the dynamic over at LPF and just dont get the place... I've been on multiple forums since there *were* forums, and IRC before that - albeit not in the Laser hobby, but multiple others... and that place for some reason, just doesnt seem to follow any of the regular patterns I see elsewhere..

I wish I would have discovered PL first, now that I read through this thread - its finally clear what the score is... I understand this thread had a completely different reason for being, but its refreshing to know I wasnt just brain dead in thinking there was a little something *off* over at LPF.

Anyways - most of you folks in this thread have helped me off and on over there so thank you for that... and I'll try to start finding my way around this establishment as it seems to better fit my goals..

Different houses: Different rules
    PL and LPF serve very different purposes
    Neither is wrong, just different

Some people thrive better here
    Some people thrive better there
    MANY enthusiasts, start out over there, then move over here

Quite a few of us are in both places

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Sorry to thread resurrect - well, maybe not... But I see that pretty much all the folks I'm interested in following save Bloom and a couple others from LPF are here.
    Bloom as in Bloompyle? If so, he's called Soulfeast here.

Cool - thanks for letting me know! For someone likely half my age, I think we have very similar interests... I have appreciated his input and posts regarding gas lasers over at LPF.

I have a feeling that he might discover something big sometime, by looking at things many laser people have stopped looking at so closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    but its refreshing to know I wasnt just brain dead in thinking there was a little something *off* over at LPF.
    Things are off here too. The biggest thing I've noticed is there are plenty of people offering to help you, but nearly none that follow through on their "good intentions". While LPF people do follow through. In fact they go out of their way a lot of the time to do so. I dont see that here. Not in my experience anyway. Their overall brotherhood is deeper there, and thats why they work diligently to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Things are off here too. The biggest thing I've noticed is there are plenty of people offering to help you, but nearly none that follow through on their "good intentions". While LPF people do follow through. In fact they go out of their way a lot of the time to do so. I dont see that here. Not in my experience anyway. Their overall brotherhood is deeper there, and thats why they work diligently to keep it that way.
    Actually, there are a LOT of folks on this forum that offer - and do - help, especially from the more senior members that have been around a while.
    I know for a fact that lot of very detailed, time consuming, and sometimes expensive assistance is provided by the many knowledgable members of this forum, from pros and amateurs alike.

Help requires two-way communications, so a successful exchange requires as much effort from the "helpee" as the "helper", if not more so.
    I have seen plenty of instances on this forum where assistance or recommendations were offered, but the OP requesting the assistance didn't respond or provide enough details to get anywhere, or seem to have decided that the assistance offered wasn't suitable, because the OP was looking for a $100 solution to a $2000 problem.

(Which I imagine is a contributing factor between project discussions here and those on LPF ~ a basic projector, even DIY, is probably going to wind up costing considerably more than a basic home-brew hand-held laser, and can quickly deter those that might come here with little more than pocket change and/or a fleeting interest).

Also, much of the detailed, one-on-one assistance here comes in the form of PM's behind the scenes.
    Not everybody reads all the technical exchanges that take place,nor do they necessarily need to.

Like any forum, there are groups that swear by "Product A", while swearing at "Product B", and completely blowing off "Product C".
    I have seen several instances where technical discussions of certain brands were quickly derailed by members who jumped in to basically just stir up the "my brand is better than your brand" controversy.
    When crap like that happens, it's generally much more effective to just address the details in PM's, without the controversy BS posted in the open forums.

Just my nickel's worth of observations based on hanging out here for the last 7 years or so...
    Last edited by Stuka; 02-05-2014 at 07:21.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

IMHO... Stuka is spot on..+4

I could not imagine my 'life w/lasers' without both forums-- The 'family feeling' here is strong and deep when it comes to LEMs especially.

I had skewed ideas about how i would be treated at SELEM 2010- there was absolutely NO 'us' and 'them' attitude-..that I saw--just the reverse.

- Since then, I have done my best to encourage LPF members to move on from handhelds in general and go where the fun really is- Projectors. Lasrshows and LEMs big or small- And the cheap Chi-jectors serve a valuable purpose- a taste of better things to come.

After all, nobody gives up DIY & 'store-bought' PJs to begin collecting and building handhelds-- I like to call this climbing UP the laser 'evolutionary ladder'.

Our LPF Texas social group ' LSLF' . is working hard to have LEMs in ALL of the 'BIG 5' and we hope any who can will attend one (*Houston/San Antonio/Dallas'/Ft Worth/& Austin) so you can get a taste of Texas hospitality. As always the TXLEMs will use PLs 'Meet n Greets'
    for the home base.

Hak's 'Dos centavos solo'

Edit-

One thing I would really like to see is an end to this thread- the title is 'WAY' wrong- Neither Steve nor Sam got the 'BOOT' and aside from that some 'drama' posts in this thread would have been better off in PMs or just not happened at all- so --=PLEASE- lets just let this thread fade away- no MORE 'pot-stirring' is needed IMO.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 02-05-2014 at 15:41.