Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Well, Looks like I got booted on LPF.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    ...They basically threw Lasersbee out of the forum, and no one did anything...
    Jerry hasn't been "thrown out" of the forum at all.
    He threw his toys out of the pram because he was proved wrong over a thread he made about a competing LPM having technical issues, when actually it didn't, and it was proved.
    Jerry, instead of being the bigger man and offering hard data or apologising, just ran. No body else to blame but himself, you've been on LPF, I'm sure you know how it all came about.
    Agreed he was being mercilessly neg repped by a select few, because he earned enemy's with his anticompetitive behaviour, and I myself brought that to the attention of Ave to have it stopped.
    Last edited by Ped078; 03-04-2014 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Sorry to thread resurrect - well, maybe not... But I see that pretty much all the folks I'm interested in following save Bloom and a couple others from LPF are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Bloom as in Bloompyle? If so, he's called Soulfeast here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Cool - thanks for letting me know! For someone likely half my age, I think we have very similar interests... I have appreciated his input and posts regarding gas lasers over at LPF.

I'm around I made this account under a different name long ago, post-ban from LPF. I was a different, more steam-powered brat back then.

I've since grown into a mature, laser-eyed butterfly. Or whatever other fitting analogy you want ..

Age? I am 20. I just like gas media as it's very fluid. With smoke and mirrors, anything is possible

No pot-stirring for me, just dropping by

Later!

Quote Originally Posted by Ped078 View Post
    Agreed he was being mercilessly neg repped by a select few, because he earned enemy's with his anticompetitive behaviour, and I myself brought that to the attention of Ave to have it stopped.
    I stand corrected.

I still think that neg rep gang bang was lowbrow, even by my standards. Relentless neg repping by a group of members for whatever reason should have called for a temp ban. Ave could have stopped it long before Jerry finally had enough and left.

Regardless what his business ethics are, you're suppose to be able to freely discuss laser tech, even if you are wrong. It takes two to make a fight, so they are just as guilty as he was. I know I acted like an ass, but I'm only one man with limited education. That group was some of the most respected, educated members on the forum, and they acted like children. You've banned me numerous times for less. IMO they gave the forum a black eye.

Its past now, so...

Were is my spoon?

Edit: Found it!!! It was up my ass.

Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-11-2014 at 22:49.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

That guy was banned there because of the same disgusting behavior he showed many, many times. The neg rep barrage on the last issue was 100% justified in my opinion, and the place is better for him being gone.

I stand corrected.

I still think that neg rep gang bang was lowbrow, even by my standards. Relentless neg repping by a group of members for whatever reason should have called for a temp ban. Ave could have stopped it long before Jerry finally had enough and left.

Regardless what his business ethics are, you're suppose to be able to freely discuss laser tech, even if you are wrong. It takes two to make a fight, so they are just as guilty as he was. I know I acted like an ass, but I'm only one man with limited education. That group was some of the most respected, educated members on the forum, and they acted like children. You've banned me numerous times for less. IMO they gave the forum a black eye.

Its past now, so...

Were is my spoon?

Edit: Found it!!! It was up my ass.

I couldn't agree more.
    I'm no fan of Jerry's, I don't deny that...but I did not agree with the neg repping, and despite my feelings towards him (albeit in the virtual world) , I did bring it to Ave's attention.
    The only area I differ to your opinion on is who's fault it was. The other members involved were more than happy to either offer scientific data to back their points / claims and they left the door open for Jerry to do the same but he couldn't , because, as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was wrong.
    I have absolutely NO doubt whatsoever that if he'd of returned to the thread with an apology, or data to back up what he was claiming, the matter would have been dropped. He made a thread DIRECTLY attacking the competitor, and he didn't mince his word's either, so of course the other members responded and it escalated from there.
    They offered hard data to back up what they were saying, Jerry showed them a clean pair of heels.

Also, as you rightly say, it's past now.

Ped

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    That guy was banned there because of the same disgusting behavior he showed many, many times. The neg rep barrage on the last issue was 100% justified in my opinion, and the place is better for him being gone.
    Bob you can dislike someone and still have respect for them. Just like our situation. I dont like you, but I still respect the person you are. Jerry has helped the hobby immensely, on both forums. He has also helped dozens, if not hundreds of people. More so than the crowd that repped him, IMO. Things get out of hand, it happens to everyone. Some people, like me, it happens a lot, LMAO. But you get the point. Well, maybe you wont, but its still a fact. The whole situation on both sides was a loss for LPF.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I have no respect for people who bully others for fun and are proud of it, or for those who spit poison then run away. And I don't believe there's any sincerity in what you say at all, being the self-described master of manipulation you so proudly claim to be.

If there was no sincerity on my words I would not have contacted you through PM numerous times to patch things up and move forward in a civil manner. If I was trying to manipulate you I'd be ragging on you like the old days. Lets face it, I have your number, you're easy. Have I done that? Last time was like 4 years ago. There are no benefits for me to get you to bury the hatchet. You have nothing I want, you have no pull in areas where I'm in need, I dont care about your opinions, and I dont need your advice. So if I wasnt sincere why would I waste my time? Give me more credit than that Bob. What I do respect is your love of old lasers. I love lasers, and I love old technology. I have a house full of it (not old lasers but pre-1950 electronics, and electrical items). Did I like messing with you, sure, I never denied that. But I do respect your taste, and knowledge in the laser field. Understand now? You dont have to like someone to respect them. I feel that way about dozens of people, not just you. I'm not making this up, or trying to manipulate anyone.

Jerry didnt run away, he left because he knew another ban was in the near future for him if things didnt stop. That was the groups ultimate goal, obviously. Typical bait, troll, ban scam. I know the routine very well, I perfected it. And Avery doing nothing to stop it pissed him off. He pays Avery thousands a year in ads, helped 100s of people on his forum, and Avery turned his back on him. I'd say screw you too.
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-12-2014 at 23:33.

Jerry didnt run away, he left because he knew another ban was in the near future for him if things didnt stop. That was the groups ultimate goal, obviously. Typical bait, troll, ban scam. I know the routine very well, I perfected it. And Avery doing nothing to stop it pissed him off. He pays Avery thousands a year in ads, helped 100s of people on his forum, and Avery turned his back on him. I'd say screw you too.
    Mark that's simply not true, You're also forgetting who started the thread.
    A ban was NEVER on the cards, it was never even mentioned.. anyone with apair of eyes and a grasp of the English language can see who was at fault..have you even read the thread? I invite ANYONE to read the thread and draw their own conclusions as two who's at fault. If anyone want's to read the thread, PM me and I'll link you up, I won't post the link out of respect for this forum.

Speaking of respect, as you have, I respect Jerry for his technical knowledge, he brought good, affordable LPM's into the reach of the hobbyist, the problems only arose after someone else came onto the market with an arguably better LPM at a competitive price. The same happened with MarioMaster and the Radiant Alpha , remember?
    Ave didn't turn his back on him, it was discussed in the Bl4ckH0le and it was a case of "he's a big boy, he can take care of himself..if he can talk the talk, he can walk the walk".

Ped

Quote Originally Posted by Ped078 View Post
    Mark that's simply not true, You're also forgetting who started the thread.
    A ban was NEVER on the cards
    I'm not sticking up for Jerry. You keep thinking I am.

The last time Jerry got temp banned for fighting, back in the Ken, and CJ days*, he was told the next time was a perm banned. The guys knew this, and tried to bait him into starting a fight again. Bait, troll, ban. This has been ongoing for a long time by others who dislike Jerry. So if he took the bait he thought he would have gotten a perm banned. I dont know if Ave would have went through with it this last time, but Jerry did not want to take the chance. Thats why he left. I was there for all of it, and I've talked with Jerry. Its all fact. Do you really think he left because he lost some internet points? Thats dumb. He is running a business on the forum, some stupid points would not make him abandoned it. He left because he didnt want to get banned. Better to leave on top, than on the bottom. Both in business, and personal sense. He wouldnt sell many meters with the word BANNED under his name, and his sig removed. Understand now? Plus he was pissed Ave wasnt stopping the rep attack, which went on for months. I dont blame Jerry for leaving. He got the big FU regardless what Ave's intentions were.

What I meant by Ave turning his back is that he did nothing to stop the neg brigade when they all deserved a temp ban. I dont like the sneaky kindergarten tactics that were used. I also dont like they got away with it after Ave has been preaching "ignore people" "dont fight" "obey the TOS" the whole time. Even after they were told to stop they snuck a few in. Even after he stopped posting and they started repping older posts, still no temp ban. I saw the warning you gave Jerry about repping old posts, and he stopped. They are the ones who started that first. I know because I called them out on that one.

It doesnt matter who started what, both sides participated. And it was left to run its course, which is totally against what everyone preaches on the forum. I've seen whole threads deleted for less. I've seen people banned for less. Everyone lost IMO. Avery lost thousands, Jerry lost his forum business, and respected members acted like children infront of the whole forum, and got away with it. A simple 3 day ban for everyone involved would have stopped it. I dont know what Ave was thinking. Not his brightest moment.

EDIT: * In fact CrazyJay was perm banned shortly after that for fighting with Jerry again. So you can see why Jerry believed he would be perm banned for fighting again.

EDIT2: Another fun fact. In that rep you gave him you said "Dont give -rep on old post please, last warning- Ped" I assume that last warning was warning him a ban was coming next. Just another reason why he thought he would be banned.
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-13-2014 at 02:55.