Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mierelight 1.5w 532nm DPSS analog laser for as low as $530 (see details)

Default Mierelight 1.5w 532nm DPSS analog laser for as low as $530 (see details)

Hello,
    While I'm a fairly new member here I've been a member at LPF for some time now under the same user name Jmillerdoc. I recently received an unsolicited email from a contact I've made at Mierelight on a deal they are offering right now. I say unsolicited because I was working on a GB last fall that never really got much traction and then the Chinese holidays hit and everything got dropped. Bishan Fang recently contacted me again on a 1.5w analog 532 lab unit he has for $590. In turn I inquired if there would be any additional savings for a quantity purchase shipped to one location in the states and started a feeler GB thread at LPF for this. I received his response today and it turns out he can offer even more savings I would say is considerable. Please refer to the original thread at LPF here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/me...ml#post1296840
    This is still in it's early stages but my hopes would be to make a commitment to him buy the end of next week and place an order.

I am willing to front the cost on the entire order of up to 10 lasers and would require a nominal 10-15% deposit until I receive them. Once their in my hands the balance would be due and I would re ship CONUS with flat rate USPS (or buyers choice at cost) once I've received final payment. I would be willing to hold the lasers until paid for up to a couple weeks. Non-payers would ultimately lose that portion of their deposit that I would have to cut the price on my cost in order to unload it and recover my money. (I.e. If a $75 deposit was made and I put down $550 of my money then auctioned it off at $500 you would get a $25 refund on your deposit).

The price break down is as follows:
    1-4 lasers is $590 per unit shipped to me (so add CONUS re ship fee to that, maybe $20)
    5-9 lasers is $550 per unit shipped to me, cost to buyer $550 + CONUS shipping
    10+ lasers is $530 per unit shipped to me, etc....

There's probably even more discount to be had for >15 units but I really doubt there's enough interest to get the 10 unit discount so I didn't even ask. If by some strange alignment of stars there were to be 15 buyers, I would go back and ask for more discount as it became apperent this was needed.

I'm probably going to buy 2 myself so to get to the first price break we need three more. On 1-4 lasers the only savings would be on shipping (cost difference in China Air to you vs me to you).

The only value added obtained by me would be totally free shipping, that's by design not plan.

If you are seriously interested I ask that you refer to the original post at LPF for the remainder of the details. Again, I plan to place the order by next week's ending, probably Friday, so please contact me ASAP if you're interested. Although there's no deadline Bishan has given this probably won't last forever and I want to get mine before summer.

I am a very happy repeat Mierelight customer and have high regards for the quality of their products and service. Reviews are available on the forums. In general they are considered a reputable outfit who offers high quality DPSS systems at a high value pricepoint with good/better than average customer service. My previous 532 DPSS 1800m unit was exceptional with rock solid constructions, good beam characteristics, stable output, and flawless functioning. I couldn't have been more pleased. But don't take my word for it, do your homework before you commit. Maybe there's something I missed in doing my research before I bought my last one.

Lastly, the PL forum PM email notification has been inconstant for me so if you don't receive a response to a PM within 24 hours, should send it again or go over to LPF and use their PM or email option to contact me.

Thanks for looking and as always, have a great weekend!
    Cheers!
    Jmillerdoc

well, sorry to spoil this for you, but I don't think you are getting such a great deal.

contact goldenstarlights. If the 2014 pricelist I have is still valid, they have CNI MGL H - 1500mw 532dpss for 500 usd + shipping, quantity 1 (one)
    so maybe even bigger savings are possible.
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    well, sorry to spoil this for you, but I don't think you are getting such a great deal.

contact goldenstarlights. If the 2014 pricelist I have is still valid, they have CNI MGL H - 1500mw 532dpss for 500 usd + shipping, quantity 1 (one)
    so maybe even bigger savings are possible.
    A real spoiler would have been to find this out after an order was placed and money sent. This is not a spoiler at all, if indeed this is truly what's available. I find it hard to believe but I will check into it. Two things I see, well three really, happening is it's real and I hit them up for a GB discount, it's real and I take this price back to Mierelight and get them to come below these prices, or it's not real but I refer Mierelight to this ad you speak of and ask them to match or beat that price. Not a spoiler in the slightest sense as far as I see it, just opportunity at every turn.

Again, it's tough to believe these are listing for $500 elsewhere for that power. I can't say I'm an authority on the DPSS 532 laser market but I do follow it carefully and have done a lot of price checking and deal hunting over the years and this is way outside the bell curve on price points for this type of equipment. Maybe with the advent of the newly available Nichia high powered 520nm 9mm diode the DPSS market is finally deflating due to competition in pricing and available technology. I will contact them to see if this is really available and post back here and at LPM. I hope you are correct because I was about to buy two if these regardless of anyone else joining me. You just saved me up to $180 as I see it. Thanks for taking the time to post your comment, truly obliged!
    Jmillerdoc

Great laser if you need to vacuumclean your workshop

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Yep, sure seems to be the case. I appreciate your link post, saved me the research. Well, this simply makes things more interesting. Part of the fun in this is the bargaining process and now I've been armed with some killer ammo. The driver type is clearly different with this particular unit when compared to Mierelight's DHOM (or whatever spelling it is) driver. The Mierelight has the power supply and driver encased into a single enclosure. That doesn't make it better, just different. Additionally it has both TTL and analog too. And along that point, the only complaint I could find with Mierelight's 532's back when I bought my 1800mw from them was about the driver. Nothing terrible, just a couple people had the driver die without damage to the DPSS head. They were promptly replaced without issue and Mierelight's handling of this was given an A+ by those dealing with them.

I almost didn't make this post here today. I'm glad I did. I need to spend more time over here I guess. Looks like more people are "in the know" over here, at least when it comes to 532 DPSS lasers.

So, is this the real Stiffler? If so, I'm honored. Just hope my daughter never meets up with you.....

Maybe someone around here knows where I can find the one laser I'm really wanting. 589nm 100+ mW portable/handheld or module for a reasonable price. Maybe I'll strike another home run today.

I'm going to send a link to this ad to zmierelight's agent and tell him he will need to come under this price to play. I'm also going to contact these guys here and ask the, if they would cut the price for a quantity purchase from 4-10 units.

Anyone here viewing this post dealt with this company before? Any issues?

LaNek and Stiffler I really appreciate the information, thanks again.

Cheers,
    Jmillerdoc

Well, it looks good on paper but when you add their shipping and handling costs it comes out to $135 added or $635 total. That's no saving at all. It's $45 to $85 more depending on the quantity purchased and the cost per unit from this distributor actually goes up when compared to Mierelight's prices. So, it's a gimmick ad and pricing scheme at the end of the day. I knew this was too good to be true. These guys are just tacking on the cost on the backside with their "handling" costs.

It's a bust.

But I will be using this ad to push Mierelight for an even better discount. It may be helpful after all, we will see.

Thanks still for providing the information, it's still very useful.

Cheers!
    Jmillerdoc

I was not aware of their shipping prices, thanks for checking.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

goldenstarlaser is legit and a highly regarded vendor.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Funny edison lol.