Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: WTF drlava (LSX\ILD_SOS\LaserCam author)?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I'm relieved! This is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    In the interest of fairness I want to say that my order arrived today, Sept. 9, 2014, or a little over six weeks since I placed the order on 7/27. I received an email indicating that my product level would be upgraded due to the delay; I suspect I'll need to wait until I receive the activation file to verify that, but I wanted to provide a status update right away.

Looking forward to playing with the software, but I'm trying not to get too excited until I can actually run it. Having a hard time, though!
    That's awesome... Where is Dr. Lava located anyway? I assumed he was overseas... 6 weeks isn't a terribly long time to wait I suppose...

When I saw that someone had actually got a response from DrLava I was really excited.... But I guess I was wrong???

To summarise a long story, I bought four FlexMods in the last GB late last year. Paid my money and before I could request either beam suppression or no beam suppression a package arrived. Having driven across the county to the couriers offices, not know what the package was. Paying the import duty etc I opened a mystery package from the US to find it was my Flexmods. I emailed DrLava saying that I had not stated SBS or not as per numerous PMs. He PM'd back to say he just sent a random option as he wanted to ship the units. Not very happy about this I requested that the units be modified, DrLava told me he needed them back to modify and I had to pay the postage to return the drivers and also send him the return postage back to me before he would start work on the drivers. So in January I sent these back, having paid the return postage to the UK directly to him to avoid delay in returning the drivers once they had been modified.

Well numerous PMs later and without a single response to any of them, I am still waiting for my four Flexmods! These have been paid for, the return postage after modification has been paid for, the import duty and VAT has been paid. But no drivers??? I have kept quiet until now and have PM'd DrLava, whilst keeping an eye on this thread, but nothing.

Can anyone who has been in touch with him recently help? 9 months to mod a driver and return it is way too long.

Any help really appreciated as this is now holding up a build in a big way.

Many Thanks

Steve

You will get it eventually. Just to give you some idea. I ordered ILDSOS on the 2nd July and received my ACTIVATION CODE on 8th September. Don't give up. I think Andrew/DrLava needs to realise in a world where we are all used to paying for a product such as software or even small pieces of hardware we should receive it within a few days of payment. I know that he has been offered assistance and I wish he would take it up so I can order LSX and receive it with in a few days.

I think Andrew/DrLava needs to realise in a world where we are all used to paying for a product such as software or even small pieces of hardware we should receive it within a few days of payment. I know that he has been offered assistance and I wish he would take it up so I can order LSX and receive it with in a few days.
    I suspect that all the time people continue to pay money to him, he isn't going to be inclined to change the way he does things. Seems to be working ok for him at the moment, doesn't it
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

OUCH!

good one norty ;-)

and all too true with lots of other things-
    Dragon Tiger comes to mind-- Pei-J is fine with USA $$$$ .... BUT the USA buyers---not so much--
    hk
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-