Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: WTF drlava (LSX\ILD_SOS\LaserCam author)?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ask him about becoming a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Good now I can order LSX finally... I was waiting until all this was resolved. I was hoping to just give him money in person as he is in town.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    ask him about becoming a distributor.
    If he ever gets back to me that may be on the agenda... I suspect it may be next NWLEM before I see him, Platinum has plans in the works.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Sorry to bump this thread, but has anybody heard from DrLava recently? Still waiting for my FlexMod order to be sorted from the last GB, Jan 2014? Is he OK? I have sent 4 or 5 PM's, posted on this thread and still nothing. I really hope nothing bad has happened, but if he is just ignoring me then I am afraid he has run away with my money I know that other people have heard from him, but what is the story, is he picking up mails and reading posts?

Thanks for any advice, "quiet words in his ear" or update

Steve

Hey Steve,

I know he's filling current orders. I just received a couple flexmods from Andrew a couple days ago. The order was sent 8 days after submission which nearly a record! On the other hand, my last Pangolin order has still not arrived after 7 weeks. To be fair, though, Pangolin at least responds to email and phone calls promptly.

What email address are you using for Andrew?

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Dkumpula,

I have just been using the private message system on Pl as I don't have any other emails for him. Rather than posting any for spam bots, if you can give me a hint where to find them it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Steve

PM sent, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    my last Pangolin order has still not arrived after 7 weeks.
    Hi David,

Unfortunately, with the exception of "David", I don't know who you are. Unlike Facebook, the nicknames people use on the forums aren't definitive and so I sometimes don't know who a given poster is.

In any event, I am sorry to hear about the delay. As I am sure others will attest, this is certainly unusual for Pangolin.

Please get with me directly. "Weeks" is definitely a kind of world record, and it indicates to me that *something* has fallen through the cracks. If anyone experiences "weeks", they should give us a ping and see what's going on. There are some exceptional circumstances -- one customer indeed had to wait "weeks" for special mirrors to arrive for their scanners, but we were in touch with the client typically twice a week until we delivered.

To be fair, though, Pangolin at least responds to email and phone calls promptly.
    Yes indeed. I am writing this post on Saturday at 12:32 AM. You can call 1-800-PANGOLIN right now and get me on the phone... Or connect by Skype, Yahoo Instant Messenger, email or whatever. If we don't answer then *something* is wrong...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi David,

Unfortunately, with the exception of "David", I don't know who you are. Unlike Facebook, the nicknames people use on the forums aren't definitive and so I sometimes don't know who a given poster is.
    Hey Bill. I am David Kumpula. My handle here is dkumpula in part because I lack creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    In any event, I am sorry to hear about the delay. As I am sure others will attest, this is certainly unusual for Pangolin.

Please get with me directly. "Weeks" is definitely a kind of world record, and it indicates to me that *something* has fallen through the cracks. If anyone experiences "weeks", they should give us a ping and see what's going on. There are some exceptional circumstances -- one customer indeed had to wait "weeks" for special mirrors to arrive for their scanners, but we were in touch with the client typically twice a week until we delivered.
    Yes, I am "that" customer who as waited for the larger mirrors on the 506's, but to be clear, I wasn't complaining about Pangolin's customer service. My point (in a thread associated with delays of Andrew's products) was that even the laser company that is known for its high level of customer support (AKA your company) can have significant delays in product availability and delivery times. If I had a complaint, I would raise it to Pangolin first.

For more clarification, my latest order was placed immediately after SELEM (August 18th), so "7 weeks" was fair. In another 6 days, I could say "I had one Pangolin order that took Months to arrive", but I suspect from my numerous e-mails with Justin, a package is likely to arrive on my doorstep before then. My prior orders from Pangolin have typically arrived within 10-14 days as I recall, so this has been an anomaly from my perspective.

I assume you'll be at the ILDA conference next month as will I for the first time. In the highly unlikely case that I still haven't received my Pangolin order by then, I'll be sure to complain to you in person, but before midnight.

-David

Hey Bill. I am David Kumpula. My handle here is dkumpula in part because I lack creativity.
    AHA, great. Thanks for cluing me in. I also enjoyed meeting you at SELEM.

Yes, I am "that" customer who as waited for the larger mirrors on the 506's
    Hehe. You may be one of them, but you're not the one I was talking about. The other guy was named Michel (like "me shell" in English). I kept in regular touch with him because he contact me directly and we communicated about that quite often.

I don't normally get involved with scanner production, and rarely look at the flow of orders. This is handled by Erik, Ryan and Justin. For that reason, I rarely know who is waiting for what.

But in any case, it is for sure that anyone who ordered with 5mm mirrors would have had to wait because we had to wait for our mirror vendor to deliver. These particular mirrors are hard to make because of the size and type of material. There were several false starts by the manufacturer, and I even ordered from two separate companies to diversify risk, and so as soon as either one delivered, we'd be able to ship to everyone who was waiting.

Norty and Planters (and a few others here on PL) got lucky because we had a small number of prototype mirror sets made in that size. But for the production run, there was a delay.

Still, my gut feel is that your order slipped through the cracks because we received those mirrors (and shipped Michel's) several weeks ago. When I get into the office I will look into this and escalate the status. I see no reason why we can't ship this week.

but to be clear, I wasn't complaining about Pangolin's customer service. My point (in a thread associated with delays of Andrew's products) was that even the laser company that is known for its high level of customer support (AKA your company) can have significant delays in product availability and delivery times.
    Sure, I appreciate the grace and clarification, but I think your wait is a bit unacceptable really. We try to keep things in stock for fast shipping. For example anybody can order QS anywhere in the world and probably have it the next day if they ask for fast delivery. Same with most of our products. However, in the case of the 506, there is indeed a large demand for them and, because of the demand, and fact that our production has not caught up with the demand, there is definitely a delay. But we try to manage this and communicate it, and I think the delay from the time you order scanners to the time you receive them should be around 4 weeks. In the case of these 5mm mirrors, it was definitely longer because we were waiting on our vendor (and these mirrors were tricky to produce). Still and yet, with the delay some things can slip through the cracks. I've seen it happen before. So if someone experiences an undue delay, they can feel free to reach out to us and check in.

My prior orders from Pangolin have typically arrived within 10-14 days as I recall, so this has been an anomaly from my perspective.
    Even that seems unusually long to me. I'd need to look into what you ordered in the past. Under the most ordinary of circumstances, I am sure many here will tell you they receive the next day or within a few days. We do run out of stock sometimes and we have to wait for things on occasion. This happens rarely with our main products (LD2000, QS, BEYOND) and more often with things like TC2000 and SafetyScan lenses.

I assume you'll be at the ILDA conference next month as will I for the first time.
    For sure I'll be there, and it will be great to see you again!

Bill

Hey Steve,

I know he's filling current orders. I just received a couple flexmods from Andrew a couple days ago. The order was sent 8 days after submission which nearly a record! On the other hand, my last Pangolin order has still not arrived after 7 weeks. To be fair, though, Pangolin at least responds to email and phone calls promptly.

What email address are you using for Andrew?

David
    Hi David

I'm also having a bit of trouble getting my emails to Dr Lava answered. I'm using the nault-int address as it's the only one I have. If there is a better one that might get me an answer, anychance you could pm it to me as well?

Thanks.