Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: WTF drlava (LSX\ILD_SOS\LaserCam author)?

Gadzooks. If I had found and read this thread beforehand I doubt I would have ever ordered LSX software. Sadly, the hardware and dongle arrived in reasonably quick order. To think that after several years since the threads last post, his order fulfillment hasn't improved is disheartening to say the least. Now I have to put programming plans on hold.

Now I feel lucky that when I ordered my three Flexmods a few years ago they arrived quickly as well. Back then, I wasn't even aware of LSX software.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Sadly, the hardware and dongle arrived in reasonably quick order.
    Wait, is this a complaint? Are you saying you can't program because the software arrived on time and you're so excited to use it no programming work gets done?

Sounds like either being sarcastic or he didn't buy a physical DVD of LSX and hasn't had the download links sent to his email.

Either way, why isn't the program downloadable from the website directly? What's the point of getting them via email? No company does this. You can't run it without a dongle or activation code anyway, so just put the link on the website, like Showtacle does. Even Quickshow was downloadable at least at some point.

These are the risks of dealing with a 1 man operation, lol.
    And yet people stilllll keep complaining about it, geeez!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I feel differently.
    There are successful programs written by one programmer. I'm itching to say FL Studio used to be coded by one guy but I might be wrong on that. But what about Minecraft? There you go, one programmer, made millions and had an automated online purchase system way before a team was formed which was bought by Microsoft.
    So this one-man project is a shitty excuse or made by people who don't understand how websites and coding works. Sorry if this is brash but it's the truth.
    I'd be okay only when his website had a popup disclaimer saying "THIS IS A ONE MAN OPERATION, SUPPORT or DELIVERY MIGHT BE SHITTY", otherwise everyone has a right to complain after paying any amount of money for anything they didn't get properly.
    And I've talked with Andrew over emails a lot and used his programs for years, nothing against him, quite the contrary. But I'm not going to defend him on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I feel differently.
    There are successful programs written by one programmer. I'm itching to say FL Studio used to be coded by one guy but I might be wrong on that. But what about Minecraft? There you go, one programmer, made millions and had an automated online purchase system way before a team was formed which was bought by Microsoft.
    So this one-man project is a shitty excuse or made by people who don't understand how websites and coding works. Sorry if this is brash but it's the truth.
    I'd be okay only when his website had a popup disclaimer saying "THIS IS A ONE MAN OPERATION, SUPPORT or DELIVERY MIGHT BE SHITTY", otherwise everyone has a right to complain after paying any amount of money for anything they didn't get properly.
    And I've talked with Andrew over emails a lot and used his programs for years, nothing against him, quite the contrary. But I'm not going to defend him on this.

you still have only yourself to blame...
    just do a search on past transactions , involving this same seller, and if you still decided to order from him, THEN IT'S STILL ALL YOUR FAULT, LOL!!!!!!!!!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Couple of things wrong with this.
    1. We're talking about someone who bought from Andrew the first time. This isn't a returning customer who already knows what to expect.
    2. It's not like this Photonlexicon thread with negative customer responses is the first search result of LSX or Innolasers on the web, and to my knowledge this is the only place people have spoken out. Innolasers is not a big company people can search in like Better Business Bureau to find out how reliable it is before buying from there. In fact, there are quite a number of users here and elsewhere who recommend these products.
    3. Finally, if you keep punching someone in the face and they keep coming back even though they know what they are getting into that doesn't make you continuing to punch them in the face any more okay. Who's "fault" it is a redundant and pointless question, in my opinion.

Also, let's try to be a community where people feel at home and would like to come back. If I was new to this program and spoke out about the issues I was having with the program or purchase and people instead starting accusing me of not researching enough after I pretty much didn't get what I was told I would after paying money I'd just be like "fuck this, I'm out" and my motivation to actually learn and use these tools would drop to near zero.
    Last edited by Finale; 05-31-2017 at 15:46.

I tend to agree with Finale. My active days in the laser show biz to earn a living are behind me. I do this now in quasi-retirement for the fun of it, because I love programming (visual laser choreography to music), always have, always will. I am excited about LSX and was excited to order Quickshow and play with it. I've a decent amount of experience with the math behind what has become known as "abstracts" and I am attracted to LSX because it provides mathematical expression and statement capability. So, yes, I'm anxious with anticipation to use this new tool and to see if and how LSX and/or Quickshow can reproduce or come close to reproducing what I used to achieve with my old 8-bit Apple IIe hardware/software system that had four co-processor XYZ image display cards with frame buffering and shape tables. I could do 4 channel frame animation, add and/or multiply their outputs in a variety of ways with each other, all set to time code.

The new Quickshow and LSX software blows me away, (kudos to Pangolin and drlava). Now I have a decent amount of time to devote to learning and playing with them. I've gotten a sense for what Quickshow can do and for what is involved. To conjure up an old TV slogan, "Where's the (LSX) beef?".

I sold my systems back in the day, but when someone paid me money, I delivered them a usable product in a timely manner. I don't know what drlava's challenges are, don't really care, since he readily took my money, promptly shipped me something (much to his credit) that I cannot put to use.

Now, maybe there is something I'm missing or misunderstanding. With the Etherdream I got the dongle, the dongle included the software so there is nothing to download. The software was installed from the dongle, but is unusable until I enter an activation code at the initial opening screen. Why not send the activation code with the dongle? What's the purpose of sending him the computer device code if the software can be installed on multiple machines but only one machine at a time can use the dongle?

In the meantime, I'll wait and when inspired to do so, bitch and moan.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Agreed, the license is locked to the dongle so he could even put it on a USB stick if he's not good with mails.

Thank you Andrew. I just received my activation code