Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: lightspace ascent-x series

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    pop the lid on those 7 watts how big is the red3w? never seen pics of that one yet.
    the older 7 watt lasers are:
    2 watts 637nm red , 2 watts 532nm green, 3.2 watts 445 blue,
    as far as popping the lid for pics, well those are gone now, to make room for new stuff (will post pics of the new ones, once in my hands).

thx,
    carlos
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ascent.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	45503
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    please do. omar couldn't send me pics because they were waiting for the lasers to be built.
    well I finally got my hands on these projectors and measured output is :
    3.2 watts red
    2.4 watt green
    2.1 watts blue,
    all measured after dichro's, before scanners.

i'm a little disappointed with the green power (spec. as advertised was 3 watts).
    but beams are very tight , and build quality is excellent.

to be fair, I think the green modules should have been spec'd at 2.5 watts, and not 3 watts.

i'll have pics up, as soon as I get these projectors up and running at a show...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Are you having anything done about the low green? Agreed, I'd be expecting to see at least 3W of blue to go with a specced 3W of green.
    Maybe you have horrific losses in the optics.
    Is that 520nm green? If so, there may be a lot of losses in the correction. My new diode modules suffer quite a bit through the prisms, and then the dichro might be taking a chunk too.
    If they've simply built a 3 diode green and added up 3x 1W = 3W, thrn they may not have taken into account the losses inherent in the correction.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ascent.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	45503

well I finally got my hands on these projectors and measured output is :
    3.2 watts red
    2.4 watt green
    2.1 watts blue,
    all measured after dichro's, before scanners.

i'm a little disappointed with the green power (spec. as advertised was 3 watts).
    but beams are very tight , and build quality is excellent.

to be fair, I think the green modules should have been spec'd at 2.5 watts, and not 3 watts.

i'll have pics up, as soon as I get these projectors up and running at a show...
    What were the advertised power output? I would love to have 3 watts of red. But agree the blue should be a bit higher.

I am curious as to what the Christmas special 6 watt and 12 watt actually put out when compared to the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Are you having anything done about the low green? Agreed, I'd be expecting to see at least 3W of blue to go with a specced 3W of green.
    Maybe you have horrific losses in the optics.
    Is that 520nm green? If so, there may be a lot of losses in the correction. My new diode modules suffer quite a bit through the prisms, and then the dichro might be taking a chunk too.
    If they've simply built a 3 diode green and added up 3x 1W = 3W, thrn they may not have taken into account the losses inherent in the correction.
    it is 520 green, and measurement taken out of the laser module, bounced off 1 high quality dichro, then straight to calibrated Thorlabs meter...
    im thinking there are just 3 diodes in there, and the 3 watt spec. is really theoretical max power out.
    im going to email eightonlight about this and see what happens....

the blue is 462nm, and measures at 2.1 watts, was sold to me as 2.5 watts...

I just tried these out yesterday, and performance was good, but just wish they would deliver the power they advertised....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it is 520 green, and measurement taken out of the laser module, bounced off 1 high quality dichro, then straight to calibrated Thorlabs meter...
    im thinking there are just 3 diodes in there, and the 3 watt spec. is really theoretical max power out.
    im going to email eightonlight about this and see what happens....

the blue is 462nm, and measures at 2.1 watts, was sold to me as 2.5 watts...

I just tried these out yesterday, and performance was good, but just wish they would deliver the power they advertised....
    agreed, it may be an issue with prisms vs. circ lenses. the prisms kill a little output power, but have a nicer output.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    agreed, it may be an issue with prisms vs. circ lenses. the prisms kill a little output power, but have a nicer output.
    agreed, I just think they may have sold the 520 green modules, with 3 diodes, theoretically capable of 1 watt each, NOT counting losses.
    same issue with the blue module, 2 diodes sold as 2.5 watts, but they did not include power losses...

as a comparison, when I purchased my Kvant, they measured the actual output, at the output window, and they met all specs. AFTER all the dichro's and scanner mirror losses.

nevertheless, the eightonlight projectors are really a good value purchase, the new A40 scanners are wider, but no match for my Kvant's 6215HP's, in that regard, you definitely get what you pay for...

another note: the 6215HP's scan really , really wide... as compared to any other scanner I've compared it with, including the eyemagic 7000's, nothing comes close to the performance and scan angle of the Cambridge scanners, the only other scanners ive not yet compared them to are the new Pango 506's..
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

agreed, I just think they may have sold the 520 green modules, with 3 diodes, theoretically capable of 1 watt each, NOT counting losses.
    same issue with the blue module, 2 diodes sold as 2.5 watts, but they did not include power losses...

as a comparison, when I purchased my Kvant, they measured the actual output, at the output window, and they met all specs. AFTER all the dichro's and scanner mirror losses.

nevertheless, the eightonlight projectors are really a good value purchase, the new A40 scanners are wider, but no match for my Kvant's 6215HP's, in that regard, you definitely get what you pay for...
    yup.. i would like to see how the 506's compare to the A40's. i'm less interested in wide and more interested in precision.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Here is the official reply to why the lower actual power out vs. advertised figures:

"we began to use new optics in our green and blue diodes at that time, using the new optics waste some output power of the diodes, however it makes much better beam quality(much more tight beam), and we always believe that a tighter beam is much powerful(penetrating), better than getting higher output figures."

"Before we use the old optics, all red, green and blues output higher than its specification, that is why we write them as 3watt green and 2.5watt blue, and now, we write them as 2.7watt and 2.5watt, and we offer 2 choices, one is bigger beam divergence, and good output power figures, 2.7watt green is 3watt output, 2.5watt blue is 2.5watt output."

so, im satisfied with their response, other than that, these projectors are GREAT value.
    Last edited by carlos3621; 12-01-2014 at 11:16.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Updated review bump
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter