Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Ha!... You beat me to it this year Al :-)

If it hadn't been for your post Jem, I'd have never have even known they were enjoying Turkey whilst we were working! Only the US could have 2 Christmas's a year!

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating... Happy Thanksgiving (weekend?) a little late this year. :-)

LOL my thanksgiving was a dead battery in my car at my aunt's house, she moved to a new location and my laptop if my gps, the thing did not shut off, the food was great and luckily i had my charger in the car.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Reviving and old thread. Why reinvent the wheel? Have a good one ya'll!
    (I see I've done this before! lol)
    PM Sent...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy fasting / running biking / calorie counting for the week after the indigestion settles.. Amen..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

We discussed the historical merits of this holiday a few days ago in the chatroom. Wikipedia tells us that the Native Americans outnumbered the pilgrims by almost two to one at what is billed as "the first Thanksgiving".

Hindsight being 20/20, we agreed that the NAs should have killed and eaten the Pilgrims. (Some of us had wine at the time . . ) We can only assume that the Pilgrims either smelled too bad due to lack of modern plumbing and what was considered acceptable personal hygiene at the time. Alternatively, it is possible that prior testing revealed that Pilgrims weren't appetizing to 1600s NA pallets . . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i am firmly in the "eat the pilgrims" camp... just in case anyone was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    We discussed the historical merits of this holiday a few days ago in the chatroom. Wikipedia tells us that the Native Americans outnumbered the pilgrims by almost two to one at what is billed as "the first Thanksgiving".

Hindsight being 20/20, we agreed that the NAs should have killed and eaten the Pilgrims. (Some of us had wine at the time . . ) We can only assume that the Pilgrims either smelled too bad due to lack of modern plumbing and what was considered acceptable personal hygiene at the time. Alternatively, it is possible that prior testing revealed that Pilgrims weren't appetizing to 1600s NA pallets . . .

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Happy Thanksgiving!��
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine