Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

Thank you for your continuous support and updates for LaserBoy.

Thank you for your continued use of LaserBoy!

Please continue to report problems or suggest new features.

James.
    Last edited by james; 05-22-2017 at 07:56.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Yet another new version of LaserBoy!
    http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_2017_06_27.zip

The same guy that found the previous problem sent me some more DXF files that were getting all messed up during the minimization process.

So I looked into it and found that having the insignificant distance setting higher than 19 (for some strange reason) was what was causing the problem.

When I tried setting insignificant distance to 0.00, the application would crash!

So I figured that out and I also changed the default value of insignificant distance to 0.00. (It used to be 60).

When you open this new version of LaserBoy for the first time, it will probably read and load your previous LaserBoy.wtf file and change the default setting of insignificant distance back to 60.

So, go into the [Tab] menu and change option 2 insignificant distance to 0.00.

Then [Esc] back to the main menu and go into menu o to output a file. Choose option 7 wtf and hit [Enter] to accept the value of the name "LaserBoy.wtf" and hit y to overwrite the file that is already there.

That will set and save the value of insignificant distance to 0.00.
    Last edited by james; 06-27-2017 at 09:47.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Is there anyone out there who has any experience compiling LaserBoy for MacOSX?

I've gotten a report recently that there is a problem with Boost C++ and the ifstream and ofstream objects.

I would really appreciate it if someone would give it a go with the very latest version of LB and report on how to do it correctly.

I have no experience with MacOSX.

Thank you!

James.
    Last edited by james; 07-19-2017 at 11:34.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

OK. I fixed it!

I just upgraded my Linux machine to the newest Boost C++ libs: version 1.64.0 and I got all the same errors about fstream, ifstream and ofstream.

So I had to edit every occurrence of an instantiation of any of these classes to scope them to std, ie: std::fstream.

Now it compiles with no errors and it still compiles on my old Windows machine without having updated my Boost C++ libs there.

http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_2017_07_22.zip

Now it should compile properly on a Mac!

Enjoy!

James.

PS. None of the functionality of the code was changed in any way since the last version.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I have a bug report

If you press k and then backspace until there are zero vertices in a frame, and then try to press x/y/z to move, or q/w/e to set, the program crashes
    Last edited by Grix; 08-06-2017 at 01:57.

OK. Thanks!

I'll get on that.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Uh.... Ok..... Have you ever heard of Boost C++? It is all about making C++ more cross-platform independent (and some other stuff). It is not just an API like libSDL (which I use with LaserBoy). It is an extension of C++ that adds new functionality to the language (which I also use in LB). It is probably where C++ is going to go in the future. I have to admit I make minimal use of it in my code, but it has some really good and powerful stuff.

Have you noticed That LB compiles and runs in Linux, Windows, Mac OSX and others from exactly the same source code?

If you don't get OOP and cross platform APIs...... Uh, well.... It might not mean a whole lot to you.

BTW, both C and C++ were created to work within the POSIX (Unix Like) operating system environment.

Just saying..... MS doesn't quite live up to the file (and device) IO specs expected of POSIX.
    Last edited by james; 08-25-2018 at 21:51.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials