Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arctos flexing euro patent muscles

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    But thats the whole point - before Arctos revolutionized solidstate lasers using combined diodes, these techniques hadn't been used...
    No so Dave, the techniques used I the patent mention other older patents from Kodak and some Japanese origins where these older patents already used A) diodes B) collimation and c) mirrors to reflect the beams to a common point where a polarizing cube or a combiner cube was to lead them onwards. So they did not " invent the wheel". here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2017-08-15 om 09.20.52.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	52687

Just leaving this here....

leave europe, problem solved... it's a silly place anyway

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    leave europe, problem solved... it's a silly place anyway
    I think running away from the problem will not solve the problem....

Is there not law that says if you don't defend in a reasonable way your patent then if others use it and you ignore it you loose your claim. I mean it's been 15 years of no enforcement. Plus it pending. If you don't file in one year and it is published in the public you can't file at all. At least it is that way I'm the USA.

casio projectors - they use an array of mirrors to knife edge and direct the 24 diodes/beams into telescopic lens, have they paid arctos?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

if you do something serious to piss off a license holder you are going to get trouble.. The fact that cases like this haven't been pulled up before means that they are trying not to get into cases like this at a service for the industry.
    Personally I'd be very carefull on making a topic on a forum when you are involved in a court case... that can be very dangerous especially since we know what A and K means.
    The companies you refer to do not manufacture together.. having both communicate on this should be enough of a hint that they really have something here and that they aren't pulling it out of thin air... Neither manufacturer would seek out smaller companies because they have a solid business model already.. a second indicator you have likely pissed them off and you could be on a very costly route here.

When it comes down to really serious business like this there is no "friendship" or excuse : I bought this and that.
    I would privately settle a case here without escalating it.. As of right now it seems like the license holder and patent holder really have a no brainer case here.

I think that's just your opinion PJ and it's not your place to be advising g Peter what he should do.
    This is a legal matter, and much as it pains me to say it, it's probably best handled by lawyers that specialize in this sort of thing. Even if patent law seems to be designed to line their pockets...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I think that's just your opinion PJ and it's not your place to be advising g Peter what he should do.
    This is a legal matter, and much as it pains me to say it, it's probably best handled by lawyers that specialize in this sort of thing. Even if patent law seems to be designed to line their pockets...
    When you publically compare a kvant case copy down to the modules design of a chinese projector with the original product though it should be no surprise you will piss people off though. Social media is so important with the entertainment industry that I am not surprised it caused a reaction. Those companies have deep pockets to keep fighting a case like this until you back out because of immense losses. It's why I personally dis advice it.. it remains peters choice in the end though.

I'm not sure what type of case they're bringing, cease and desist, looking for damages or whatever, but admitting liability may not necessarily be the cheap option.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.