Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jig for glueing galvo mirrors?

Accuracy is not perfect, but it is not random so it's relatively easy to adjust the model to compensate and get good prints every time. I have some 6210's here I can use to make sure the fit is good. Only thing I'd need from you is the width of the mirrors you plan to use.

I am tempted tp try it, especially since I don't know how else I am going to get it done. To be honest though I don't have any clue how to remove the old mirror that is glued on, much less have the skill to glue another one on, without bending the shaft or getting too much glue in all the wrong places. These were removed from another projector and I am told the mirrors are too small for what I am trying to do with them in the new application.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4885.JPG  

The mirrors should be attached with epoxy. To remove them you use a soldering iron to heat the epoxy which makes it soft enough to pull out the mirror. Any leftover epoxy gets cleaned off with an exacto. BTW, those scanners look like 6210's. The jig would work on either since the 6215 is the same diameter and a bit longer.

I crunch them with pliers and push the bits out with a toothpick. Be gentle. It's just a soft crunch. Heat makes more sense. I'll try that next time.

"Crunching" seems to be asking for little shards of junk to go into the bearing. Hard to see by eye, but under a good microscope its instantly visible. When customers return scanners for a replacement mirror they broke I routinely change the front bearing and sometimes tell them I won't replace their mirror unless they authorize the front bearing replacement because of all the shards i can see in the mirror

Heat is definitely the way to go
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    Accuracy is not perfect, but it is not random so it's relatively easy to adjust the model to compensate and get good prints every time. I have some 6210's here I can use to make sure the fit is good. Only thing I'd need from you is the width of the mirrors you plan to use.
    OK I'll go for it if the option is still open and I am very grateful.. These are indeed 6210's, it looks like I will need to do this work myself as I have exhausted all of my other options. I will get the mirror width and supply that information, and I will be glad to pay $$$ for work on the model. If there is any interest I will be happy to post pictures of the entire process here on PL as I have four 6210's to do and perhaps someone else will benefit from this information also. Another option would be to just buy new scanners that have the right mirrors on them, if money were no object. I really like doing biz with Medialas they always deliver

http://www.lasershop.de/Laser-deflec...H-342-416.html

I did get a bargain on these four lightly-used 6210's that came out of another projector and did not stop to think at the time, that the mirrors on them were too small for what I need. It was a case of, trying to cut a corner on the cost of two new RGB builds.. and another lesson learned.
    Last edited by SpitzSTP; 10-18-2016 at 07:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    I could modify these to work with 6215's if you want to have a go at it yourself.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1633913
    Thanks for link !

@ "the mirrors on them were too small for what I need" .....make sure you re-tune the the galvo amps for the new mirror size!

Cheers

I've been meaning to convert the design to OpenSCAD so anyone can tweak it. Should be pretty easy, but it'll be a few days before I have the spare time. If you get mirrors before then, let me know the width and I'll tweak the current design. No charge for that, but I would love to see pictures of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitzSTP View Post
    OK I'll go for it if the option is still open and I am very grateful.. These are indeed 6210's, it looks like I will need to do this work myself as I have exhausted all of my other options. I will get the mirror width and supply that information, and I will be glad to pay $$$ for work on the model. If there is any interest I will be happy to post pictures of the entire process here on PL as I have four 6210's to do and perhaps someone else will benefit from this information also. Another option would be to just buy new scanners that have the right mirrors on them, if money were no object. I really like doing biz with Medialas they always deliver

http://www.lasershop.de/Laser-deflec...H-342-416.html

I did get a bargain on these four lightly-used 6210's that came out of another projector and did not stop to think at the time, that the mirrors on them were too small for what I need. It was a case of, trying to cut a corner on the cost of two new RGB builds.. and another lesson learned.