Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in Laserscope Greenlight PV controller?

Default Any interest in Laserscope Greenlight PV controller?

If, hypothetically, I was to finally get around to turning a PCB for the Laserscope (AMS) Greenlight PV controller I developed last year, would anyone be interested buying one? The PV is similar in architecture to the KTP/532 we all know, but smaller and much higher power (80+W green). My controller now has an LCD and UDLR button UI (it used to require a laptop be plugged in) and gives full control of lamp current, q-switch state, rate and pulse width. It keeps track of lamp hours and has optional inputs for DI water temperature, pressure and remote interlock. I'm using a fast DAC for the lamp current so it should be possible to safely modulate at around 1-2KHz. I'm thinking around $500 for the controller and a couple of PV smart cards so you can test the unmodified laser before hacking it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2780.JPG  

IMG_2769.JPG  

Kevin,

Can you send me some info, specs, and pics of your conversion and controller. What does PV mean? I have an 802 Laserscope YAG I would like to convert. What would this entail?

Thanks,
    Chris

The Greenlight PV is the next generation after the KTP/532. It's the same lamp-pumped, q-switched, z-fold architecture, but a completely different machine and my PV controller won't work with the older machines (your 802 is a KTP/532)

I have a few of the control boxes that do work with the KTP/532, specifically with the a.l.e. lamp supply and NEOS q-switch driver. I get $350 for those and include an hour or 2 of assistance, but a full conversion is much more than just adding the control box. TL;DR: remove isolation xfmr, re-wire AC, deal with KTP oven controller, remove many unnecessary optics, add a shutter, add a beam expander...

Lightbulb

Yeah, I'd be Very interested in a Controller for testing these, but....uh, *ahem*..

..Friendly suggestion: Get RID of any / all direct refs to 'Aay Emm Ess' and/or the G-Light TMs - @M$ are not-known for 'playing nice with others'. I know of at Least two 'system flippers' that were just reselling - Not even going so-far as to 'hack' / offer to sell-such, and.. They had to deal with major hassles from them, ongoing suit-threats, etc.. I'm not trying to 'scare', just passing along direct-experiences of others I'd been told, Fwiw.. I'm only suggesting 'more anonymity' with the language of the posts / TM-refs, etc..

..Again, fwiw.. PM me more details on yer hack..

peace, out..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default Controller

Kevin,

I might be interested. Have one of the PV's here, just taking up space...

-George

Count me in, depending on availability of whole system acquisition costs.
    Are these stand alone units? Or require external cooling?

Are they flash lamp pumped or diode pumped?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

PV's are selling for <$1K on eBay these days. Lamp pumped (4" lamp), Needs external water (there is a w:w heat exchanger for the DI loop and a solenoid valve that cycles city water to keep the DI loop more or less 25C)

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Count me in, depending on availability of whole system acquisition costs.
    Are these stand alone units? Or require external cooling?

Are they flash lamp pumped or diode pumped?

For Sale: Modification Kit to Convert [REDACTED] from [REDACTED] to [REDACTED]. Easily make [REDACTED] watts @ [REDACTED]nm. Full control of [REDACTED]. (I wonder why nobody is buying my whiz-bang [redacted])

Of all the Laserscope machines I've worked with (maybe 15 over the years), I have never heard of anyone getting hassled by LS/AMS. We're working with publicly available documentation - manufacturer's docs for lamp supply and q-switch driver. My hack doesn't bypass the smartcard security. We're not doing anything that competes with their core business or even working with machines they still sell or even support (the HPS and XPS have replaced the PV which is why they sell for nothing these days).

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Yeah, I'd be Very interested in a Controller for testing these, but....uh, *ahem*..

..Friendly suggestion: Get RID of any / all direct refs to 'Aay Emm Ess' and/or the G-Light TMs - @M$ are not-known for 'playing nice with others'. I know of at Least two 'system flippers' that were just reselling - Not even going so-far as to 'hack' / offer to sell-such, and.. They had to deal with major hassles from them, ongoing suit-threats, etc.. I'm not trying to 'scare', just passing along direct-experiences of others I'd been told, Fwiw.. I'm only suggesting 'more anonymity' with the language of the posts / TM-refs, etc..

..Again, fwiw.. PM me more details on yer hack..

peace, out..
    j

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    For Sale: Modification Kit to Convert [REDACTED] from [REDACTED] to [REDACTED]. Easily make [REDACTED] watts @ [REDACTED]nm. Full control of [REDACTED]. (I wonder why nobody is buying my whiz-bang [redacted])

Of all the Laserscope machines I've worked with (maybe 15 over the years), I have never heard of anyone getting hassled by LS/AMS. We're working with publicly available documentation - manufacturer's docs for lamp supply and q-switch driver. My hack doesn't bypass the smartcard security. We're not doing anything that competes with their core business or even working with machines they still sell or even support (the HPS and XPS have replaced the PV which is why they sell for nothing these days).
    (mashing "like" button)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    ...Of all the Laserscope machines I've worked with (maybe 15 over the years), I have never heard of anyone getting hassled by LS/AMS.
    Ah, ok, so.. that must mean that No one has-ever / might-ever get hassled by advertising a 'hack' for thier product, hmm. I guess those two 'flippers' I mentioned must have been lying to me, and the letters they showed me were faked? Well, sht, Thanks for saving me from myself / them, you Rockkk!

I was merely suggesting more 'brand anonymity', in the post / language-used, in-here, because this is such a 'search engine-loved' site, and I'm sure our Admin doesn't need any more corporate legal-bs, (like he got from Crashio..) but.. whatever, you clearly know everything about all this, so enjoy your cupcake.

ciao..
    j

PS - I have you by +20 conversions..
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...