Thread: Anywhere to share video files?

Default Anywhere to share video files?

I have some video files I've made for my video mapping work. They often go nicely with a laser projector overlayed on top and act as a "filler". I'm sure some of you have a video projector as well as a laser projector and might find them useful. But where can I upload such videos for sharing? Video files take up much more space than ilda files so probably not the forum.

They are nothing jaw dropping but get the job done.

Youtube? There are many sites that allow people to download videos from youtube after they are uploaded if that's needed. Might lose a little bit of detail to compression though

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Might lose a little bit of detail to compression though
    Exactly, I've tried such sites/plugins and there indeed is some loss.
    Youtube's converter when you upload in general lowers the quality. Not much of an issue for most content but considerable for VJ loops.
    It also rescales to common video sizes. Common resolutions for video projectors like XGA will get rescaled.
    Another issue is it doesn't support transparent videos. MOV files with certain codecs support transparency for each frame.
    Youtube also cuts a bit from the video from the beginning and end. Not sure if that's the converted video file or rather the player though.

If it is your videos, and here are no copyright issues. Make a Torret and upload.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!