Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM BUY/SELL

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default SELEM BUY/SELL

Less than a month and there hasn't been a buy/sell thread started so..... figured I would.
    I'm seriously thinking about bringing a lot of stuff to sell. I know I have said that before but, I rented a bigger vehicle with the idea of having a purge of things I simply do not use. To be perfectly honest, I've probably been loosing interest with this stuff over the past year and while I'm not "getting out", I just don't find myself having any desire to set anything up and watch shows or, try to experiment with anything. I'll set stuff up for paid gigs but aside from that, it's really just a hassle and nothing has "wow'ed" me for a long time. I've half heartedly put some cues on timelines in hopes that a "show" will begin to reveal itself but, it's just simply not there. I think between the long grind of paying off monthly credit card bills, the being screwed to the tune of thousands from a few people in the industry, and the growing lack of excitement and passion I'm feeling towards the whole mess is pushing me in that direction. It's happened with other hobbies so it's no surprise that that I'm in the midst of general ebb and flow. I'm looking forward to SELEM of course but, not even with the same intensity (yet) as past years. And even SELEM has always been more about the people than the lasers anyway. I don't get a lot from just sitting and watching shows for hours and truthfully never have. I can do that at home.
    There are a number of rather large items that will probably cause transport problems so I'll try to get those posted and only bring them if someone is buying them. Not everyone is going to be able to just take a flight case the size of a twin bed home on a whim! There is truly close to $200k of dollars tied up a mountain of stuff....
    PM Sent...

Brad you're a great guy. You know there's always a place for you here considering what you have done already for us. I mean... honestly I would be overwhelmed by the large amount of stuff you have that I might lose interest to not knowing what to do with myself. And there's nothing wrong with losing interest either... Humans like variety that's for sure.

If your curious I'm looking to expand my projector setup, I'm really trying to get into the multiple projector shows and am happy to keep building them, but would also like to have parts and or used projectors that I could look into buying. If you have any that you want to sell I'd be happy to buy one or two from you. I've been looking closely at the Kvant projectors and the ones from Lightspace. I really think those are nice.

All the best,

Thanks! It's not like a total loss of interest or anything. I'm not going anywhere. This is still a business for the foreseeable future, in addition to something I do enjoy but, yes, there are ebbs and flows and it's just been awhile since I've really been passionate. I expect once I get to SELEM, I'll be wanting to buy half the shit other people have brought to sell even though I know better! But, I really do have far more parts for intended projects and projectors and such than I'll ever really use. Even in a legitimate large show. I'm never going to run all of the what.... 24, 26 or more projectors at the same time. I need to pare it down to what I actually use. As an example, I have 7 Plutos and have only used 2 at any given time for over a year, except for last SELEM. (That doesn't mean I'm suddenly getting rid of 5 so don't start! LOL) I'm going to try and develop a list this week.
    PM Sent...

Don't have funds / immediate need for anything but I am interested in the leftovers
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

I could be interested in ac couple more projectors depending on what you have.

More importantly are you still up for Cariblem??

Cheers
    Rich

We need to chat about that, Rich! (Caribb-LEM)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    We need to chat about that, Rich! (Caribb-LEM)

Adam
    Yes we do. I am flying out again tomorrow for three weeks. Must get some dates on the calendar!

Sorry for the light hijack Brad.

No worries. CarribLEM is WAY more important. It's only been since err.... the beginning of March that we've been trying to come up with dates.
    PM Sent...

I'll be there for the first time. Might have some scanners to raffle off
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

That would be mighty cool, Ryan! (We like scanners... )

Adam