Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM: Jan 13th-14th, 2017. We are confirmed!

Thumbs up Next FLEM: Jan 13th-14th, 2017. We are confirmed!

Hey everyone;

It's official. The next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting will be held on Friday, January 13th and Saturday, January 14th, 2017. The contract is signed, and the check was sent out last week. We are booked!

I'll be in town Thursday afternoon(ish), so Friday around 10 AM or so I will probably head over to the venue to start setting things up. With luck I will have Brad with me, and maybe Hank as well. Too soon to predict yet if Adam Raugh will be able to join us or not, but we're hoping.

Folks are welcome to show up anytime on Friday to get things loaded in and hooked up. The general plan is to try to go out for dinner Friday night around 7:30 PM or so. (How about Angelo's again? Love me some Italian food...) And yeah, like before we'll probably head BACK over to the venue for some more laser fun after dinner.

Saturday morning we will start things up at 10 AM again, and like always we will run well past midnight. Truthfully, I will probably be at the venue well before 10 AM on Saturday, so if you're up early and want to get in the building early, just give me a call on my cell. (After all, I'll be staying at my Mom's place, which is less than a block away!)

I will bring 4 Pluto RGBs. (All direct-diode, with 462 nm blue and 520 nm green) I will also bring a few other toys to play with, including some FPV quad-copter gear. Not sure yet about the sound system... If I have a covered trailer by then, I'll bring massive sound. If not, I might just bring some smaller speakers and use them in parallel with DZ's system we had last time. To be determined...

Any specific requests for this event?

Adam

PS: I have a call in to the sales office at the Holiday Inn Express in Leesburg (the hotel that is just across the bridge from the venue) asking about group room rental rates, but I have not gotten a call back from them yet. As soon as I get that info, I will post it here. EDIT: Group room rates confirmed: $111 (plus tax) for a single King-size bed, or $120 for two Queen-size beds. Call (352) 742-1600 to reserve your room and mention that you are with the "PhotonLexicon Laser Enthusiast's" group to get the special rates. And remember that these rates are only good if you book before January 1st. EDIT: oops - my bad! The group rate expires on December 29th! After that, you'll pay the full price.
    Last edited by buffo; 12-14-2016 at 07:16.

Thanks for organizing Adam! Hope to make it - but likely will be working a Monster Jam event that weekend. Should have my schedule soon and will know for sure.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Thanks for organizing Adam! Hope to make it - but likely will be working a Monster Jam event that weekend. Should have my schedule soon and will know for sure.
    Please let us know if you can make it! Would be cool to see you again, Ryan. Maybe you can bring a few scanner rotors to show the assembly technique to the folks that missed your presentation at SELEM!

You know, if Val is in town and is interested, she's welcome to stop in as well. I've already talked with Aaron, and I'm sure he will be there. Hopefully Bill will have some free time in his schedule to drop in as well.

Adam

Haha , Maybe Vale can do the demo, shes as good as the rest of us!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

I will put it on the calendar.

Looking forward to this as always.
    My dad is planning to attend too. He will have a few new shows to run too. He is totally hooked. Lol
    I will bring my laser & quads to play with. I may own a nice hex camera platform by then. If not I will try to bring the one from work to show off. It's made by Yuneec called the Typhoon H.

Chris

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Looking forward to this as always.
    My dad is planning to attend too. He will have a few new shows to run too. He is totally hooked. Lol
    Glad to hear that your dad will be joining us, Chris! Yeah, I could tell he was hooked before, but I think SELEM really sealed the deal for him!

I will bring my laser & quads to play with. I may own a nice hex camera platform by then. If not I will try to bring the one from work to show off. It's made by Yuneec called the Typhoon H.
    Sounds great! I will have my quads as well, and LJ said that he's bringing his new quad too. Maybe we can break away for a bit to go race around at a nearby park or field? Kinda cramped right there by the boathouse, but maybe by the elementary school? (Corner of East Clifford Street and Medford Ave?)

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

In less than six weeks, I'll be getting on the road to head to FLEM. Doesn't quite seem possible but, at least it will be here before we know it!
    PM Sent...

Meh. As of now looks like I'm booked for Knoxville, TN that weekend

Will come if anything changes!

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/events/knoxville-tn-0
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Sorry you might not make it, Ryan... Was hoping some of the folks who missed it at SELEM could see your scanner building demo. Maybe next time though! I'm sure you'll have a blast at the Monster Jam.

In other news, I got a call from the Holiday Inn Express today, and they said that they haven't received any reservations for the group rate for FLEM. That's no big deal if people plan to stay at other hotels (there are more affordable places to stay in the area), but I did want to remind everyone that our group rate prices expire on December 29th. After that, you will have to pay the full rate. Something to keep in mind if you were planning to stay at the Holiday Inn Express...

Also, wondering who all will be in attendance this time... So far I know we have:

Buffo,
    Bradfo69
    DZ
    Allthatwhichis
    LJK
    Flecom
    Lazerjock
    RVTO3
    DKumpula
    CountFunkula

and the following are likely, but not 100% yet:

Lumia
    RGB-gas
    Araugh
    Pangolin
    Laserworld
    SaltyRobot
    HankLloydRight

Anyone that I missed?

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 12-15-2016 at 06:50. Reason: Updated list!