Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CLEVELEM Starter

It should be a contest at CleveLEM -- who can make the best show to that Huey Lewis song.

2200.00/day on my end. no power. no food....yea next place....

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    2200.00/day on my end. no power. no food....yea next place....
    Take your time finding a place. Gives me more time to properly save up. I know it might be a long shot but what about a restaurant? Certain ones usually have a room you can rent commonly used for parties, birthdays, special occasions etc. There's a bar near me that has the entire upstairs reserved for such a thing. We had a band plugged into the power along with my bro in laws video equipment. He had a crappy laser projector though. Thing was one of those christmas lights you see in commercials.

Maybe work out a deal to use their power and we would be close to food. It's a bit unconventional but why not. How many do you expect to be there?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

We need a big space. I'll see John, the owner, this weekend and ask about two days rental. A lot of buildings in NE Ohio have low ceilings, because it gets cold here. The warehouse is perfect in that respect. At SELEM we were always constrained by the Auditorium seats and stage, so this can be more of a "Theatre in the Round" venue, and with the lift, we can hang bounces, install mirror balls, have huge Lumia screens, whatever...
    ~
    Which would you rather do?:
    Install on Friday evening, Lase all day Saturday, Go Home on Sunday, or Install on Friday, Lase Saturday and Sunday go home on Monday? Please tell me what you prefer! I want to keep fees matching costs, this is not a for profit venture.
    ~
    If I do this, and enough attend, we will have a "Lase-Off", where everybody gets the same one and a half minute snippet of song, and a real time beam console they have never used before. Then we all vote for the best and second best...

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-22-2017 at 05:50.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...