Thread: LivePRO scanner issue

Default LivePRO scanner issue

Attention any LivePRO experts!

I'm running a projector with DT40's that's having a big issue with a simple sweep cue that's flickering like mad, when it should be a smooth transition from left to right.

I've been through every setting in LivePRO and also tested on a second projector but the effect is still the same. Maybe my scanners aren't up to the job, but before I give up and consider upgrading to Cambridge units, maybe someone has a pearl of wisdom they wouldn't mind sharing
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

What are your scan settings within the pangolin setup screen, scan rate, size, etc.
    Also, what specific pattern are you reffereing to?
    Maybe someone else with dt-40's can test and compare results..

For the most part, the latest chinese scanners are not terribly bad for scanning simple beams/ sweeps, etc.
    You may have to stepup to better scanners if your doing complex text n graphics...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I'm not that familiar with LivePro but is there a way of getting it to report FPS from the LD2000 board (or FB3 if using one) without a laser connected?

Anything below 30fps will show slight flicker, below 20fps visible flicker and below 13or 14 fps very apparent to unacceptable / unusable flicker (depending on the exact fps rate).

If it's doing it on 2 projectors, my inclination would be there's something wrong with the cue construction and that maybe you need to re-evaluate how you made it. If you can export it and it can be imported into Beyond, then you could check the fps there. I wouldn't expect a simple sweep to be demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Anything below 30fps will show slight flicker, below 20fps visible flicker and below 13or 14 fps very apparent to unacceptable / unusable flicker (depending on the exact fps rate).
    If it's a point based frame: take your set scan rate and divide by the total number of points in the frame.
    e.g. set at 30,000pps // 30k, with a 1500 point frame = 20fps ... FLICKER!
    e.g. set at 30,000pps // 30k, with a 500 point frame = 60fps ... SMOOTH!

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    If it's a point based frame: take your set scan rate and divide by the total number of points in the frame.
    e.g. set at 30,000pps // 30k, with a 1500 point frame = 20fps ... FLICKER!
    e.g. set at 30,000pps // 30k, with a 500 point frame = 60fps ... SMOOTH!
    14 secret letters

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll have a play tonight
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac