Thread: Lasersonics Paragon 50 - problem

Default Lasersonics Paragon 50 - problem

Hi Guys,
    I have a problem with my Paragon 50.
    I get "Error Power" message. When I do a reset, HV power supply and tube starts.
    But after a short time the device goes into standby.
    I checked initially power supply, but nothing found wrong. I think I have a problem with the controller.
    Maybe someone has a similar experience and will help me to run Paragon.

Maybe it is possible to cheat protective circuit and get it to work.
    I enclose also scheme HV power supply.
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1989.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	50738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uvc.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	50739

As we can see, I was able to run the laser. Pipe "lit" "test" with the paper of successful burned within a fraction of a second but ....

I still have a problem with the power supply, after a while the work laser goes in standby :/

There are two options:
    1. The worn tube puts too much resistance and power supply automatically switches off and the system sends a message "Power Error"

2. The problem is with the external controller of power supply.

This laser tube is a bit different than in the ordinary laser cutting pipes.
    There are two electrodes and the "Return HV", that goes out from the ring at the outlet pipe, one of the electrodes comes in the middle of the pipe.
    I wonder how I could replace the pipe with the another Chinese Reci?
    As mates think?

This should work in theory. Reci have a different placement of the electrodes but the same operating principle, and also the power supply between 30 and 50 kV, depending on the model. Only the "Return HV" of the ring, I don't know how it is with these Reci. I need to google what and how. My power supply gives 50kV.

The original tube for Paragon 50 is cost $ 4900 option regeneration, because these can refill - $ 1,900 and shipping to the US rather falls away. I think the Chinese equivalent of $ 500? this is feasible.

Name:	IMG_1987.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	50747

Name:	IMG_2023.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	50748