Thread: Chauvet Intimidator scan 300 - Question about LED spare part

Default Chauvet Intimidator scan 300 - Question about LED spare part

Hi all, thank you for reading and heping,
    I've several scanners Chauvet Intimidator scan 300 active 24/365 with "exausted" LED that need to be replaced, I've found (I think) a valid option in China, but they sell it with 60°,90 or 120° and I don't know what to choose. Maybe you have experience with other scanners and can suggest, thanks.
    The scanner looks have a big len placed in front of LED module, so it may correct a 120° angle.. and I'm afraid if I'll buy 60° it will appear as a reduced beam. The spare new LED module looks have a small len embedded, I don't know if the original LED module inside the scanner has one too or it is without.
    here is the link of the LED module: h**p://aliexpress.com/store/product/SSD-90-CST-90-LED/1460317_1541636612.html?detailNewVersion=&category Id=150412&storeId=1460317

Here is the pic of the scanner model:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INTIMIDATOR-SCAN-LED-300-LEFT.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	50751

If somebody has exerience plese write your suggestions, thanks.
    Last edited by Barabba; 09-05-2016 at 15:30.

I got an answer from Chauvet, not particulary clear but it makes me enough confident to buy the right variant. They wrote there is a lens in the scanner, and the module hasn't. They also included the part number (PTH250050) of the original led module and sent me the link with the image; as we can see it's without lens so it should be a 120°. I also asked about LED's white temperature, and they replied me "Also we do not know the color temperature, part from that it is cold white", so it should be 6500K as selling in China, the price is 1/6 than the original :O
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2jbwcy0.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	50784