Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Ministar Laser?

  1. #1

    Default Ministar Laser?

    Has anyone seen or had any experience with these?
    http://ministarlaser.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    39

    Default

    searching on the forum suggests that Ministar products have very poor divergence.

    What are you trying to achieve, budget/spec wise?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    They list 1.3 mrad on their regular models,
    And they list 1.0 mrad on the "Pro" models,
    But i have never seen one in person to verify the specs.
    If you want to use chinese laser, i would go with another brand, untill they maybe offer someone to confirm those specs.
    Plus, they dont offer FDA certified option..
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

  4. #4

    Default

    Budget/price wise: Around 3w, for abstracts as well as beam shows, so under 1 mrad if possible, for under 1500 euros.
    Not an easy task. ;-)
    Lightspace's Venus 2 seems the best of the Chinese but ministar's pro 3000 does look ok for the price.
    I am keeping an eye on ebay for something better to come up used or ex demo though.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Does anyone have any real experience with these units?? Would be interested to see what the 6w Pro's are like

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    619

    Default

    no longer available

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Yeah so i heard. I have the opportunity to buy some though, so i'd like to hear from someone that's used/owned them

  9. #9

    Default

    I have 2 ministar 4.0 and a m3000 pro

  10. #10

    Default

    Is the factory still in business ?? Some one told me last week it stopped selling ? But i don't know the factory or the products.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    619

    Default

    I know the factory, they are no longer selling to the public

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,048
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    likely a disagreement between joost and the factory. Since it's a contractual agreement with the design or so they cannot produce the ministar because of this.
    Not sure what happened but I assume the factory did things in the production that caused returns ending up costing someone money down the line or a lot of hassle.

    I heard they weren't build to last.. or I read it in a comment at least on facebook. I never bought the thing so I cannot really confirm.
    Custom laser graphics, custom beamshows and more!
    Skype: masterpj55
    Youtube

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Sorry PJ, but you are wrong. The factory is still in business, no falling out, just another larger opportunity for the factory where they can not build for anyone other than their new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    likely a disagreement between joost and the factory. Since it's a contractual agreement with the design or so they cannot produce the ministar because of this.
    Not sure what happened but I assume the factory did things in the production that caused returns ending up costing someone money down the line or a lot of hassle.

    I heard they weren't buildto last.. or I read it in a comment at least on facebook. I never bought the thing so I cannot really confirm.

  15. #15

    Default

    I'd stay away from them if I were you. They are cheap and that's all there is about them. Warranty is unsure, you have to repair it yourself according to the website, they only offer " free" replacement items and some tips on how to do it. (WTF!)

    Beamsize varies a lot between the colors and red is a fat dude.

    If you want something that lasts and is sold wit a proper warranty, have a look at www.rgblaserbv.com for the FD Series. Proper systems, proser service, normal prices.
    RGBLASER B.V.
    Sales Repairs Upgrades Shows Installations Laser-Art

    ILDA Member TUV Certified SAE Certified

    WEB: www.rgblaserbv.nl FB: https://www.facebook.com/rgblaserbv TW: @rgblaserbv

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Wow, what an objective warning could that be, coming from a competitor seller that sells chinese stuffs as well...


    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I'd stay away from them if I were you. They are cheap and that's all there is about them. Warranty is unsure, you have to repair it yourself according to the website, they only offer " free" replacement items and some tips on how to do it. (WTF!)

    Beamsize varies a lot between the colors and red is a fat dude.

    If you want something that lasts and is sold wit a proper warranty, have a look at www.rgblaserbv.com for the FD Series. Proper systems, proser service, normal prices.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Wow, what an objective warning could that be, coming from a competitor seller that sells chinese stuffs as well...
    Thanks sbk, well you may feel my reply is not objective, but I have seen several of these systems up close, seen various video's and pictures. Was at a meeting where some of the attendees had these with them and have stood there baffled, looking at the huge spot on the wall which, at less then 15 meters, was the size of a fist. Their beam size and divergence is off the chart.


    As for myself, yes I sell stuff manufactured in China. As it happens that same manufacturer is amongst the most appreciated manufacturers on this forum.
    I support my customers. I sell them to many happy customers who, in return, promote them to their friends who aid in getting new customers.
    I offer all systems complete with official invoice and 24 months of warranty in my own service center. No customer of mine is ever confronted with him/her having to send their system to China for repairs....

    So, you make of this what you will. The TS asked for opinions and mine is an opinion. I also suggested an alternative. Ok ?

    Have a nice weekend !
    RGBLASER B.V.
    Sales Repairs Upgrades Shows Installations Laser-Art

    ILDA Member TUV Certified SAE Certified

    WEB: www.rgblaserbv.nl FB: https://www.facebook.com/rgblaserbv TW: @rgblaserbv

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Thanks sbk, well you may feel my reply is not objective, but I have seen several of these systems up close, seen various video's and pictures. Was at a meeting where some of the attendees had these with them and have stood there baffled, looking at the huge spot on the wall which, at less then 15 meters, was the size of a fist. Their beam size and divergence is off the chart.
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...
    Well, that's a good question as the specifications of the unit are - at best - pretty basic.

    When looking at the manufacturers website, there is no mentioning of any beam size or divergence at all. Hence the " fist" analogy



    Schermafbeelding 2017-03-04 om 22.42.26.png

    So even if I wanted to tell you, I can't . All I could do is do a guess and at best it would be a beam size of around 4.5 mm with a 1.5 to 2.0 divergence as this varies by per color from what I have seen.
    RGBLASER B.V.
    Sales Repairs Upgrades Shows Installations Laser-Art

    ILDA Member TUV Certified SAE Certified

    WEB: www.rgblaserbv.nl FB: https://www.facebook.com/rgblaserbv TW: @rgblaserbv

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...
    Credible, umm yeah nope..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    "They're crap, buy mine"

    Peter, have you ever noticed that the members of this forum (who also sell product) who don't attract negative comment are the ones who either choose to say nothing, or offer advice without it turning into an advert for their own stuff?
    http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems
    http://www.frikkinlazors.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,048
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's not really ethical for a competitor to deem someones product bad to then promote his own even if he or she is right. Have a third party do a comparison if you wanna make it with both products physically there.
    Both you 2 are chinese resellers and while you might put time in checking the projectors in a way (and rgb laserverkoop in the past opening them up and turning projectors up or tuning some galvos) it's still not ok.

    Both projectors are still chinese and the quality of the components on the circuitry cannot be tested unless you meter everything (some out of circuit) and even then life span is a guess with chinese pushed to spec components unless you had a direct hand in the circuit design.
    Last edited by masterpj; 03-21-2017 at 23:48.
    Custom laser graphics, custom beamshows and more!
    Skype: masterpj55
    Youtube

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •