Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete Newbie - is there such a thing as ILDA "Clip Art"??

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

There's always IldaViewer.

Here's a WIP version with some features missing and some bugs/polishing left to do. I don't have time nor interest to finish it but am working on other software that uses a lot of the same ideas.

IldaViewer_1.1.2_beta_30092016_source.zip

[sysreqs] Windows with recent Java install and OpenGL 2.0+ (but if that batch convertor works this one should work too)

Drag and drop an ilda file into the program, then go to the sequence editor tab. In the specific case of the halloween frames, I would click the select all button, drag and drop all frames from the main to the buffer list next to it then scroll through the frames in the buffer list and single out interesting frames (graphic view is great for this). Drag one frame back to the main list, copy it several times (ctrl+drag works fine), then go to export to file and select format 0 (don't include palette, don't optimise - this is not implemented anyway and pretty buggy). Go back to sequence editor, clear main list, repeat for all interesting frames.

This was never intended to be some kind of timeline editor but I guess it's better than showeditor...

I just can't thank you enough for your patience, help and advice!!!

I will give this a whirl tonight - it does sound like exactly what I am looking for...

Always happy to plug my stuff :P

Do me a favor and try to figure out Oscillabstract. How intuitive is it?
    I'm not going to change it anymore but I have plans to do something similar.

Hmmmm - I tried to install (having installed the latest version of JAVA and made sure I had OpenGL, which is version 4.0) but when I click on the ILDA VIEWER .exe I just get an empty white window?

Here is a copy of the CMD Window after I clicked on the BATCH file:

Catched FileNotFoundException: D:\Storage\Laserworld ShowEditor\Tools From ColouredMirroBall\ILDA Viewer\application.windows64\lib\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar (The system cannot find the file specified), while addNativeJarLibsImpl(classFromJavaJar class com.jogamp.common.os.Platform, classJarURI jar:file:/D:/Storage/Laserworld%20ShowEditor/Tools%20From%20ColouredMirroBall/ILDA%20Viewer/application.windows64/lib/gluegen-rt.jar!/com/jogamp/common/os/Platform.class, nativeJarBaseName gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar): [ file:/D:/Storage/Laserworld%20ShowEditor/Tools%20From%20ColouredMirroBall/ILDA%20Viewer/application.windows64/lib/gluegen-rt.jar -> file:/D:/Storage/Laserworld%20ShowEditor/Tools%20From%20ColouredMirroBall/ILDA%20Viewer/application.windows64/lib/ ] + gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar -> slim: jar:file:/D:/Storage/Laserworld%2520ShowEditor/Tools%2520From%2520ColouredMirroBall/ILDA%2520Viewer/application.windows64/lib/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-i586.jar!/
    Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: D:\Storage\Laserworld ShowEditor\Tools From ColouredMirroBall\ILDA Viewer\application.windows64\gluegen-rt.dll
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary Internal(JNILibLoaderBase.java:551)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.access$000( JNILibLoaderBase.java:64)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase$DefaultActi on.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:96)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary (JNILibLoaderBase.java:414)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.DynamicLibraryBundle$GlueJNIL ibLoader.loadLibrary(DynamicLibraryBundle.java:388 )
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java: 209)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.ja va:179)
    at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.ja va:83)
    at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initSurface(PJOGL.java:250 )
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.initPrimary(PGra phicsOpenGL.java:6310)
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.requestDraw(PGra phicsOpenGL.java:1653)
    at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2256)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I get the same empty white window when I click on the BATCH CONVERTER .exe?

Is there anything obvious in this gobbledegook or anything else I can try!?!?!?

Did you install a 32 bit JVM while trying to run the 64 bit version of the programs? Try the 32 bit versions or install a 64 bit JVM.

DOH!!!!

I thought as I had a 64bit version of Windows, I should only try the 64bit version!

The 32bit version has just opened so I am back in the game - thank you sooooooooooooooooo much

I will have a play now and see how I get on...

YAY!!!!!

So far your programme (ILDA VIEWER) is doing EXACTLY what I wanted and is working perfectly

It is VERY intuitive to use and I have already achieved more in an hour or so than I have in a week with SHOWEDITOR

Now that I am understanding everything a bit more I could d with some general advice re lasers etc.

When I copy frames there is a "flicker" between the image

I assume the laser is "re-drawing" each frame - so where there was a single frame I have now copied it to make 20 frames so that the image stays "on screen" for longer

Is there a better way to have the image stay the same for a longer period of time?

It is perfectly useable "as it is" but I thought I would ask the question

Time for some more playing with your wonderful software...

Default Would anyone have a Christmas ILD file?

Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Thank you so much colouredmirrorball, that is very generous of you and it sounds like you will be able to set me off in the right direction! (I didn't understand the different ILDA formats so that could be one of the issues)

The ILDA file that did work was this one:http://lasergraffiti.weebly.com/uplo...2/haloween.ild

It doesn't look like the preview image on the webpage when I load it in to my laser (the preview image is here: http://lasergraffiti.weebly.com/uplo...40770_orig.gif )but it is a ghost with the words "Happy Halloween" so I am happy

If you are able to let me know the format of this particular ILDA that would be great

Thank you so much for your help with this

Would anyone have a Christmas ILD file?