Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream 2

We fixed it Needed a firmware update. The latest ED2 firmware is here: https://ether-dream.com/downloads-ed2.html

Has anyone tried the DMX capability on the Etherdream 2 using LSX? I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work. On my Etherdream 1 with a DMX daughter board I have used this feature. I have contacted J4cbo and Dr. Lava for help but also wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue as me.

Connected to the DMX output I have Dave's DMX 0-10VDC board. This is the same board used with the Etherdream 1 DMX daughter board so I know Dave's board is functioning correctly with correct wiring.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I believe J4 is still working on the DMX firmware for the ED2 and it's not enabled yet.

New firmware is available at https://ether-dream.com/downloads-ed2.html . Changes:
    - Supports internal DMX header at /dmx1 OSC endpoint (same protocol as ED1).
    - Fixes a bug where the interlock output would very briefly glitch when stopping playback.

New firmware helped me get the DMX working on my end. Thank you j4cbo.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I gotta hand it to you.. These look really really nice.

Proud owner of 2 etherdreams! Any idea where to pick up more? Both Illumn and Innolaser are out of stock and I was planning to use 6 more on an upcoming project

There's a new batch in production now - I'll have boards this week, and cases in a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pointshader View Post
    Proud owner of 2 etherdreams! Any idea where to pick up more? Both Illumn and Innolaser are out of stock and I was planning to use 6 more on an upcoming project
    Hi, Innolasers.com has them in stock currently, ready to go.

Just saw they restocked! Picking some up later tonight. Thanks for the replies!

@j4cbo - Are you the designer of the Etherdream? If so, thank you for an excellent product! I'm using it with some heavy duty custom TouchDesigner programs for the most important stops of my friend's US bus tour. I haven't tested scaling upwards of 2 units, but fingers crossed everything will scale nicely.

2 Quick questions though:
    * Is there an easy way for me to set these to a static IP? Given the relative complexity of my ethernet setup I'd much rather have the 5-8 etherdreams all statically assigned ahead of time.
    * Have you experimented with 5+ etherdreams on the network? We have a gigabit router / gigabit switch / high performance pc with a gigabit port / cat6 cable, so I imagine we'll be fine as long as the computer pumps frames out quick enough.

Thanks!