Thread: i want better lasers

Thumbs up i want better lasers

I've been using chinese lasers, and want to upgrade to something better, mostly for better graphics but the beams look better as well on the nicer units I've used. Just got a swisslas pure micro 1400 and liking it so far. Otherwise I'm working in the 1-3W range, indoors, graphics and beams (graphics pay the bills)

time to get some new gear: what to get?

looking at a pair of tarm two with CT-6210H. want to get a clubmax 3000 with saturn 1 but maybe have to wait on that for now.

i don't actually want a lot of power, just nice scanning and properly aligned red green and blue beams. I guess low divergence makes the same power beam appear more intense in a way ? I might actually want wider beams, as I like the way the discoscan lens makes the beams look. maybe I just need really good scanners and proper alignment.... and tiny

who builds this??

For not a ton of power and fast scanning, theres certainly no way to beat the Clubmax 3000 with Saturns... there's just no comparison to those scanners and nothing on the market that comes close (I could be slightly biased....)

Give Justin a call at our office +1-407-299-2088 , you might be surprised at what kind of deals he may be able to make you! Cant hurt to ask
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

I just got 2 Clubmax 1800's through Justin at Pangolin... they actually spec'd out at 2.1W each...

I cannot even describe how incredibly bright, crisp and clean these projectors are... I am fantastically satisfied with the product and especially the price I paid...

C

I bought a Tarm Two about 6 months ago with standard 45k scanners. It produces very crisp color, and graphics and scanners seem to be under very little strain
    with anything I've tried. I have no problem buying a few more. I have a LW cs2000mk2 with the crappy chinese scanners that just failed on me after maybe
    20 hours of use. LW offered me a very generous trade in toward another Tarm and I'm inclined to take them up on the deal.
    I'd love to see a side by side comparison between a Tarm Two vs. Skywriter/ Clubmax in that range. The specs don't seem to justify the price difference.

A side by side is very valuable. I have found Chinese sources for everything from shoes to ultra fast optics to be hit or miss. The specs are unreliably even the specs of the product you want. This doesn't mean that you can not find excellent products at very good prices from China, but that the risks of not getting what you want and for that matter the risks of very poor customer support are high as well.

Furthermore, a local or domestic manufacturer will mean quicker shipping (usually) and a more reliable route for repairs and upgrades. Pangolin, despite some of their quirks in their software and limited manpower of the company is extremely ethical and customer service oriented. You can not go wrong with their products.