Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fogscreen II: Electric Boogaloo!

This is a very cool project.
    But I don't get why you use 3d printed parts in so many places, they are fragile and not water tight.
    Laser cut aluminum sheets brazed or plexiglass sheets welded together would be water tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    This is a very cool project.
    But I don't get why you use 3d printed parts in so many places, they are fragile and not water tight.
    Laser cut aluminum sheets brazed or plexiglass sheets welded together would be water tight.
    I believe I have answered most of these questions up above. I don't need them to be water-tight save for one area and I have already coated those. 24 hours and not a drop lost. As far as being fragile, non of these parts are load bearing and I have already stressed tested my prints. Laser cut aluminum or plexi is not at my disposal. For me to get anything custom made, I would have to spend time designing anyway. Then I would have to send off to get the parts cut/fabbed. I would be at bey to whomever I had making my materials. This is something I can design, send to the printer and and install in at my pace, 24/7 in the comfort of my own home. Sure, I could get my own laser cutter but I don't have the space for one and if I bring one more piece of equipment home, my other half will have something to say about it! It took some doing to get her calmed down about the 3D printer!

Unfortunately, a job change has put this project on hold but when things in my life normalize, I will get this going again.