Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed

Unhappy Help needed

Hello all.

Complete newbie here and totally confused by ilda. The heritage railway (no i'm not a trainspotter, I help out on the admin side) I'm a volunteer at have just bought a KAM SD300 and I've been tasked with setting it up for the xmas season. most of the stock ild's are fit for purpose but i am lacking one thing.

I need a prg and ild files to create the message, in multicoloured text (if possible), "Happy Christmas from GCRN" either as 2 static frames or animated. (Am happy to pay for it out of my own pocket if needs be)

I have tried experimenting with Lasershowgen, Laserworld Showeditor SE & Bmp2Ild. The latter works of a fashion but I just can't get it right. The 2 former progs just give me a garbled output even though it looks close(ish) in the program. As a non profit, they don't have the money to buy a package like Pangolin or Mamba (and having looked at the demo versions, blew me away anyway)

I'm unsure if i'm trying to save as the wrong type of ild so have attached a known working one for info: North.ild

Can anyone please help me with the files i need and also point me in the direction of an idiot proof (me) creator for future tasks?

Thanks
    Phil
    Last edited by Philntl; 11-03-2016 at 15:58. Reason: forgot the attachment

LaserBoy is free and it can render text into a frame. You can also use it to create animated frame sets.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?...sg6398#msg6398
    http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=551.0

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thanks James. Will take a look at it when the pressure is off and i have time to try and get my head round it.

Cheers
    Phil
    Last edited by Philntl; 11-03-2016 at 16:07.
    Very, very, confused!

Thanks again James.

Have taken a look and I think it's going to take some getting my head round. In the meantime, is there anyone who can assist me with the files please.

Cheers
    Phil
    Very, very, confused!

I can make them for you. Exactly what do you need?

"Happy Christmas from GCRN"

Is actually a lot of information for one frame.

Do you want "Happy Christmas" in one frame and a morph to "from GCRN"

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Hi James, that would be the ideal way of doing it if possible, or just 2 separate frames with a prg if that's easier?

Cheers
    Phil
    Very, very, confused!

Is this for an SD card reader?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Yep.

Kam SD300: http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?actio...product_id=616

It takes a micro SD. I included a known working file in the first post as I'm unsure what ild type it actually takes.
    Very, very, confused!

Try this one....

GCRN.ild

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Thanks James.

Unfortunately, i get no output at all. laser just blanks.

Cheers
    Phil
    Very, very, confused!