Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT-A40 - what is the maximum sizes of square beam?

Default PT-A40 - what is the maximum sizes of square beam?

Dear All,

I would like to buy a PT-A40 galvo.
    My red laser beam is 5mm x 5mm. This galvo's mirror is chamfered (I say it base of they website) so I think the laser beam will hanging (down) from this mirror over 30-40 degrees.
    I asked Phenix Technology about it, but they said "for 5mm beam size PT-A40 will be fine". I'm afraid of this answer...
    Is here anybody who has experience in this question and can tell me what (smallest) size of mirror is perfect for 5mm square beam on 60 degree?
    Maybe this scanner really good for 5mm square beams?

Cheers,
    Robert

Did you meassure the size of the x & Y mirrors, or do you know how big they are ?
    X 7x9mm & Y 7x12mm or X 8x10mm & Y 7x12mm or ?

See the other thread inb this board "mirror sizing" where I explained the math.

To move a 5mm beam (X mirror doesnt care about the shape of your beam, the Y mirror does...) through a 60 degree cone, your MINIMUM X mirror width is 10mm, assuming 45 degree AOI. Note this is 10mm USABLE - Many chinese mirrors will have chamfers as you described, or a chip margin, so the mirror might need to really be 10.5-11mm wide to get 10mm usable space...
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

https://www.amazon.com/LASER-SCANNER.../dp/B01H13Q8LI

In Bill's book there is a whole chapter dedicated to mirror sizing practices. Do yourself a favor and buy a hard copy for around $50, or the kindle/PDF edition for $0.99...
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

I'm using the A40's with a beam that is 7mm in one axis. I get some spill but we're running around 20W RGB, so a bit of spill isn't really a consideration. We wanted to go for 506's originally but couldn't get drivers sorted in the short timeframe, so A40's became the best budget solution with the biggest stock mirrors. Eye Magic 4k's were also an option if I recall, but a bit too spendy for the budget
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm using the A40's with a beam that is 7mm in one axis.
    How much on the other axis?
    Am I correct to assume you have 4 individual diode beams which are stacked like this?

||
    ||

(before correction optics, if any)

@Laserpower,
    I said, I would like to buy.
    But I found these details on their website: http://phenixtechnology.com/products...13/0821/5.html
    Model:PT-A40
    ● Y Mirrors size:7ⅹ12ⅹ1.0mm
    ● X Mirrors size:7.4ⅹ8ⅹ1.0mm

@rns0504,
    Ohh, you are the man who sent me the long correct answer some day ago! Thank you!
    First time I wanted to buy your scannermax 506, but I'm afraid of tuning. I would be much more happy with 506 but If I can't setup it properly with my chinese version red drivers I need to buy rather the PT-A40.
    Maybe do you have any pictures, video about this tuning / setup? Usage of these media would be easier because the English isn't my strength.

And I checked what is the notch filter. It isn't too complicated circuit, but I don't know why and where should we use it.

I found your mirror sizing topic and I read that. But it wasn't clear (just because of my English...).
    40 degrees mechanical why equal 20 degrees optical?

And the second thing what I don' understand:
    If my beam is square and 5mm x 5mm and the X mirror is 7,4mm something wrong. 5mm x 1.41 = 7.05mm. So it is enough if the mirror isn't move. If it move we need ~12mm (I counted it with -20 degrees and +20 degrees, but even If I count with +10 and -10 degrees 7,4mm it is not enough).
    Correct me Ryan please, I'm wrong somewhere.

Tomorrow I will read your post again. Good night!

@Finale - actually we have a few more than 4 stacked.
    I think there's a thread with pictures of the modules put together by logsquared on here somewhere. Try searching for posts started by me or I think there's an album on my Facebook page (link in my sig)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I have a Lightspace projector with the PT-A40's. I don't recall what size mirrors it has but the beam is about 4x4mm and it works great. Personally I think the PT-A40's would work just fine for your beam. Besides, for the price of the PT-A40's you wouldn't be at much of a loss if you decided to upgrade to something else in the future.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    @Finale - actually we have a few more than 4 stacked.
    I think there's a thread with pictures of the modules put together by logsquared on here somewhere. Try searching for posts started by me or I think there's an album on my Facebook page (link in my sig)
    I only found this http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...P73-quad-build