Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts & Prayers for my Dad rvto3

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

thanks for the update. i'm glad he's on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    OK, I just got a call from Chris. He is visiting with his wife's family and may not be able to check in here, but he did ask me to pass on some news:

Bob's surgery went well. They ended up doing a triple bypass, but they did not find any signs of permanent heart damage, which is very good. They expect to keep him in the hospital for another 5 or 6 days though.

Unfortunately he was experiencing a good bit of pain after coming out of the surgery. Evidently the pain medicine isn't working very well for him, but Chris said that the doctors had some other options to try today. But apart from the discomfort he is doing well. And it does appear that Bob will be able to attend the Florida meet in January. (So we can all tease him then about joining the "chest zipper club!")

And a word to everyone over 40 reading this: If you ever feel like you can't catch your breath, or you feel a crushing sensation on your chest, or if you have pain in your chest.... Don't assume it's heart burn! Go get checked out immediately. The co-pay isn't going to break you financially, and it might just save your damned life if you really are having a heart attack. (And for heaven's sake don't drive yourself to the doctor! Get someone to take you.)

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Just a quick update.
    Dad is out of the hospital, back home and doing better.

Thank you all for your kind words.
    Chris

So glad to hear! Hope he has a speedy recover and happy and restful holiday

Just came across this. Glad to hear he's doing well.

also missed this. Glad to hear he's recovering well! Look forward to seeing you both next SELEM!

Thank you everyone!