Thread: LSX with Hyperport ?

Default LSX with Hyperport ?

Hi to everyone !
    I see a lot of LSX users in this forum, so maybe someone can answer my question: Does Innolasers LaserShow Xpress Software support the - Medialas Hyperport Pro DMX - DAC ? Its said, LSX will support Mamba, but that may be a rather outdated statement.
    I`m very impressed by the features of this software, especially its 3D functions. Also working with - ILD SOS - but its preview mode does not recognise my DAC.

Thanksalot
    LightFox

I own 5 Medialas DACs. Specifically Hyperports ranging in age from 14 years old to 9 years old and they work well with LSX. I notice that the frame buffer on these DACs sometimes gets stuck so if you stop a show mid-stream, you'll have a static frame being displayed. I would hope that Medialas corrected this design flaw in later revisions, but I don't know for sure. In any case, it isn't a significant problem in my environment and allowed me to reuse my earlier investment when I migrated to LSX.

Regarding LSX, after a learning curve, I'm sure you'll love it. There are lots of tutorials and folks available to get you through that learning curve here on the forum.

Best of luck!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I run LSX with Mamba's DAC, no problem.
    Make sure that you copy MLUSBDrv.mld driver from the Medialas DAC intall to your LSX and ILD SOS root directory.

Fred.

Yes, that works ! Also tried the Realtime-Demo which is obviously the same piece of software... I will order LSX soon as possible. Thanks

Addendum: LSX works well with "Medialas Hyperport pro DMX".

What a great piece of software ! LSX is the stuff I had in mind, when i started to write a program for my Commodore Amiga to control a small laser scanner (some 20 years ago). But hardware broke down and I buried the projekt...

But: Is it able to support the DMX output on the Hyperport ? Found no solution to get it to work. Have I to buy an Enttec USB-Interface to turn on my (stage) lights ?

Right now the medialas dmx functions are not supported, as I have not seen any documentation on how to use them. If someone can point me to how to use them, I'd be happy to add it in. There is an inexpensive DMX interface available at innolasers that works well with LSX and is enttec pro compatible.