Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch anyone. Build

Looks good!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Well I have a beam path. I'll be happy if I can get the spatial filter working otherwise I'll drop this to single mode. Some ugliness on the final dot as expectedAttachment 51390
    Looks really good....To my " Golden Eye " !!
    But...I assume the " Ugliness " is likely with the Red LD. Ya got some room between between the bounce mirror and the Scanner...and maybe the Spatial Filter can be jammed in there ??? IIRC....the filter/mask that Planters used was 75mm from each convex lens...maybe you can get away with a shorter FL ??? Dunno ??
    MMMMM...... Get a bigger Lunch Box !!! HAHAHAHA...for...to drop down to Single Mode....Naaa...Once that beam starts swinging...I bet that misc. aberration will go " Poof " ....... Bask in the Speckle Patterns !!!
    CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

And a slow down. I blew a power supply. While it is possible I put the tiny Allen used on old flex mounts in the power supply. I am leaning towards one of daddy's helpers when he wasn't looking.

Any how after this went up with a bang, smoke, flashes etc. it was pretty impressive the galvo driver board is now I a fault state.

So I'll double check alignment, setup spatial filter yep that stretch cdbeam I'll drop in a rgb filter. Hopefully after the holidays I'll get the driver repaired / replaced. I am hoping no damage was done to the galvos themselves. It appear from tracing the carnage that a switching transistor was shorted to earth ground.

Man I miss the days when I had on spare of everything on the shelf.
    leading in trailing technology

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra on the couch.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	949.7 KB 
ID:	51392Classic !!! I have been known to drop something metallic into the works !!! How does it always hit the +/- contacts !!!...What are the odds ???
    Well...at least Terrawatt the dog does not " help" when I am not looking !! But...If there were food involved....well then.....she would help !!!!!
    Well...it's only money !!! Watch out for any future...er... " Snap, Crackle...POP "
    CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 12-23-2016 at 08:11.
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post

Name:	Terra on the couch.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	949.7 KB 
ID:	51392Classic !!! I have been known to drop something metallic into the works !!! How does it always hit the +/- contacts !!!...What are the odds ???
    Well...at least Terrawatt the dog does not " help" when I am not looking !! But...If there were food involved....well then.....she would help !!!!!
    Well...it's only money !!! Watch out for any future...er... " Snap, Crackle...POP "
    CDBEAM
    I found out last night that my allen wrenches are her "little horsey's" that she plays with

And tht is how you cram a spacial filter in 2 inches. I use shim stock .002 and burn the pinhole. The on the back side a thicker piece with just a punched hole to remove any reflections for the quarter inch hole that the beam passes through in my home made pin setupClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	51450

YES....10 pounds a shit....in a 8 pound bag !! Elegant solution....just burn yer pinhole in !! Why not !!! I have measured divergence this way with the 5W LD's....at the Far field....just burn a geometry....and measure that !!!!
    Now....some beam shots please....And...the " Horsey " thing....that's funny !!!... With a touch of imagination....A small Allen Head wrench...tilted...does have the geometry of a horse head !! Hhhhmmmm....The apple does not fall far from the tree !!! Enjoy it all...you are a lucky man !!
    CDBEAM

The only issue to now solve is the heat dissipation. I usually TEC my builds, this doesn't have room if I keep the lunch box. I am quickly dropping in power with the smaller baseplate etc. Going to try some fans and small heat sinks on the diode housings. Also may dial back the power a little. Wait that wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    And tht is how you cram a spacial filter in 2 inches. I use shim stock .002 and burn the pinhole. The on the back side a thicker piece with just a punched hole to remove any reflections for the quarter inch hole that the beam passes through in my home made pin setupClick image for larger version. 

Views:	75 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	51450
    That's pretty damn impressive! Any chance of getting additional shots of your spacial filter (especially with light and haze) from an angle?

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    That's pretty damn impressive! Any chance of getting additional shots of your spacial filter (especially with light and haze) from an angle?
    -David

Views:	59 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	51452

Not the best pics but it kinda shows it. Will grab more later