Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to drive the NUBM07E LD

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    A neat light source is the new retro-fit HID lights for cars, not the even newer LED retrofits. These 12V modules come with a bulb, driver and a few bits and pieces. They are low cost, EXTREEMLY intense, painful to look toward intense, and robust.
    This Retro-Fit HID sounds like a more compact, less heat generation option. Hmmmm...Wonder what flows out of the Lumia disc's when this is feed in ???....Now...to mix Laser vector graphics...with a white Lumia field.....That is something I have NOT seen B4...but then...I do not get out much !! HAHAHA !!
    Robust and low cost...perfect !!!
    SOooo many projects...so little time !!!
    Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

https://www.amazon.com/Chauvet-LED-P.../dp/B003N7BCFE

Check this out as a light source. Add Lumia and your done.

Mr.P........Have you seen these ultra bright HD lamps ??? Got any specific recommendations ?? With the auto aftermarket....should be a good price vis - Economies of Scale....And....Autozone is on the corner...if it does not work out...back she goes !!! Got a few days off....will do some shopping !!!
    But...I wonder....will we get a refraction effect....due the fact that...we start with Blue...and convert via a Phosphor filter to white ??? ...MMMMM ????

AND....As presented by Dave !!!! Just look at this !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-erF4zC07M
    I think it is inspired !!!

I wonder what 405nm....propagated thru the Lumia media....will look like.....on a GID beam target....OOooooo....AAhhhhh....Put'in on my " Timothy O'Leary " hat !!!
    Nebulous clouds...in Slow Mo.....No Stems...No Seeds HAHAHAHAHA ! JK !!!....MMmmmmm...." Optical Lumia Reverb "....yea....everything must have a name....and a " Donk " on it !!!!.
    While all this may seem -Off THread...not so...for this NUBM07E LD is destine for my " Solar Prominence lll " Lumia project !!!
    Anyway....Merry Christmas...to all you...out there in the Ether !!
    CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I bought a pair a few months back for another purpose. I'll find the make and model. They worked well. There is no filter. There are HID lamps. The output is directly from the tiny discharge in the arc lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I've seen the circuit for the p3 and its solid. I also had weird things happen but it's not the design. It's usually power or a bad batch of boards. The circuit is super sensitive which is why it is so good. If the board is off it messes with the function.
    I still prefer them and use them whenever possible.
    Have you never experience the odd issues with beam suppression? Where it flickers or still randomly decide to glow?
    I had always used them and when not needing suppression I still do.
    leading in trailing technology

SOooo... I remember now...The HID...High Intensity Discharge...is the condensed/refined point light source version of the Carbon Arc Lamp....and being a point source can achieve relatively good (low) divergence !!!...and generated a full visible spectrum light source....IIRC
    CDBEAM

Yesterday..... Clickamouse pointed out to me....
    " Full Spectrum " light...is just that...FULL SPECTRUM....All the colours !!
    SOooo....when we prop white light thru any Lumia distortion media.....we will still experience the Prismatic/Diffraction effect...
    Well...He has experimented with this white light source....as he is my Lumia Mentor...I expect this is indeed the case !!
    Any white light source will likely suffer from this effect...or..."LED" effect...
    " Lumenatic Emission Dysfunction"...yea....another brilliant nomenclature...no extra charge...Haha
    'BUT...Take solace....we have a plan on
    how to work-around this pesky Law of Optics.
    CDBEAM

Didn;t someone on facebook just post a holiday setup that used white nebulas that ran for like a month or more straight on buildings? i'll look for the postClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	51445
    leading in trailing technology

SOooo....when we prop white light thru any Lumia distortion media.....we will still experience the Prismatic/Diffraction effect...
    Of course you will. All whits light is broad spectrum. If the white is composed of a smooth distribution of component colors like an incandescent source such as the sun or a hot filament then the prismatic effect will be continuous, but if the "white" is composed of discrete components like a RGB laser beam or a plasma discharge in a HID lamp, then the prismatic effect will be discontinuous.

Refraction caustics will have chromatic aberration. Reflection ones won't.